Senior Information Technology Projects Manager
|Date Opened||7/10/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Business Management, Public Administration, Accounting or Engineering
Five years’ experience managing Information Systems / Technology Infrastructure projects including two years within a supervisory capacity.
Experience with implementing Enterprise Systems- Preferred
Project Management Professional (PMP) - Preferred
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares project plans and schedules to include coordinating requirements, tasks, work assignments, and resources to ensure project integrity.
- Oversees the formulation of project objectives and system development requirements. Provides technical guidance and assistance to the project team to ensure the success of projects.
- Develops plans for testing and implementing systems and monitors those processes to ensure desired results are achieved. Facilitate User Acceptance Testing with the customer.
- Follows established project management methodologies, utilizes necessary software resources and documentation to execute and control large-scale cross-functional project implementations.
- Analyzes and researches complex business processes to assist in solution for the business users. Work with Department SMEs to facilitate requirements gathering sessions, capture workflow(s), data collection and management requirements, business rules, conversion and reporting requirements. Participates directly in project developments, as required.
- Supervises a staff of technical personnel engaged in the performance of highly complex systems and/or programming activities. Direct and manage multiple resources and projects to achieve successful outcomes.
- Analyzes the impact of the information as it relates to structure, management techniques and user relationships. Utilizes considerable initiative and exercises sound judgment in making conclusive recommendations based on business needs.
- Communicates effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Other duties as assigned Job
- Advance ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and make logical decisions. S/he will be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to provide project delivery in the areas of project planning, management execution, resource capacity planning and allocation, and implementation of technology centric projects.
- Advance ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*