Coordinator Tourism Industry Analysis
|Date Opened||7/11/2019 7:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,004.80 - $78,395.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Bachelor's Degree in planning, engineering, economic development, economics, business administration, public administration, research or a related field that provides knowledge and technics necessary for research activities and data analysis
3 years to <5 years in Data and Market Research, Planning, Development, Economic Development Engineering Real Estate or a related field.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations Success through
- Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the research components of the tourism program to include data collection, data analysis, formulation of report findings and recommendations for program enhancements.
- Manage research efforts for the Economic Development Department.
- Coordinate Tourist Development Council activities to include quarterly meetings and as needed work sessions and committee activities.
- Make recommendations on programs and policies based on analysis of data related to tourism industry development and the entire department
- Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with other agencies and organizations; and represent the department in meetings, presentations, conferences and seminars with other agencies, private firms and individuals
- Create of High quality presentations, reports and other materials based on original analysis
- Develop web-based information maps based on programmatic aspects of the department
- Develop and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual economic indicators
- Develop performance measurement tracking and systems for the department
- Assist department staff with analysis and development of data sets to support various programs
- Represent the county in community efforts to analyze economic issues and trends impacting the County’s economic development strategy.
- Provide information and assistance to county staff, business organizations, businesses and citizens.
- Coordinate with various local and state interests to evaluate issues of concern.
- Facilitate communication and resolve problems relate to governmental interaction.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Moderate complexity entailed with work program: Work is broad in scope covering one of more technical business areas. Policy and procedure are implemented by this position. A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required for the position. Problems are sometimes complex, varied and frequently involve research. Very frequently requires strong reasoning skills and individual effort. A high degree of analytical ability and inductive thinking is required to solve technically complex problems. Must be able to adapt to new approaches and innovative research technics.
- Requires that data assessments and research programs be well conceived and properly executed. Day to day self-initiative required to move work program forward with appropriate supervisory guidance.
- Requires developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with internal and external clients. This calls for strong interpersonal skills and involves regular communication of program and/or project status. Detailed explanation and interpretation of policies, rules and procedures also may sometimes be required. Will also require occasional contact with external stakeholders, which would require tact and discretion
- Four to twelve months: Plan events that will occur during the year.
- Responsible for coordinating multiple functions while attending to additional duties and responsibilities as required by the Manager, Business Intelligence.
- Makes decisions and final recommendations that routinely affect the activities of others.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*