Project Manager(Facilities Manager)
|Date Opened||6/6/2019 10:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,235.20 - $77,188.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Three years of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties.
Possess a valid Driver’s License.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below..
- Manages day-to-day planning, coordinating, scheduling, and quality control to ensure libraries are clean, safe, and well-maintained environments for the public and staff.
- Maintains electronic records of buildings and floor plans. Schedules building inspections, service visits, and repairs.
- Manages facilities projects and allocation of resources. Prepares analyses of operating expenses essential to the management of the premises and justifies building expenditures as needed. Assists in defining the scope of project work for facilities repairs and improvements.
- Leads facilities related project teams, including assigning tasks to staff at all levels, creating time lines, coordinating work of outside vendors or staff from other departments, evaluating performance, and ensuring timely and effective project completion.
- Leads Library safety and security team. Facilitates creation and maintenance of emergency manuals and safety procedures. Updates and coordinates Continuity of Operations Plan for all library facilities; train all staff in emergency response plan.
- Routinely monitors all Facilities work orders. Follows-up on outstanding requests. Analyzes work orders to identify trends to proactively address building needs before they become issues, identifies areas for library staff training.
- Resolves facilities issues in light of organization policies, practices, and procedures. Collaborates in the development of short- and long-term plans. Recommends and implements changes to policies and internal procedures as they relate to library facilities.
- Directs/prepares the requisition, receipt, and distribution of building supplies and equipment purchases.
- Works with the Contracts manager to monitor contracted building services for compliance. Orders repairs or recommends changes in procedures as needed. Develops specifications for facilities related contracts for goods and services.
- Works with contracts manager to resolve any problems arising from contractor and/or vendor non-performance.
- May represent the agency/department/division at meetings, functions, and events.
- Other duties as required.
- Knowledge of relevant trade principles, methods, techniques, and procedures in the care and maintenance of public buildings and spaces. Working knowledge of major building systems.
- Ability to recognize safety and security hazards and to correct or eliminate them; CPTED professional designation preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to managing library facilities.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques. Maintains knowledge of practices and adheres to library and county policies and procedures, rules and practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with internal and external contractors and vendors; and to build and maintain effective working relationships with others across organizations.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment in all aspects of job tasks and duties.
- Ability to develop and implement action plans to accomplish goals of the department.
- Ability to remain calm and provide guidance to staff at all levels and the public in crisis situations.
- Ability to organize work flow, set priorities, and determine resource requirements to ensure effective and successful fulfillment of Library organization goals.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*