|Date Opened||5/12/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/8/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,867.20 - $70,179.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
- A Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS) from an American Library Association accredited college or university; AND
- Two years of experience as a Librarian, including supervisory experience; AND
- Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, stand, bend, kneel, sit, stoop, crouch, balance and walk for extended periods of time. Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle materials weighing up to 35 pounds.
- Inside work 95% of the time and outside work 5% of the time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Plans, organizes and provides assistance in the supervision and operation of a library agency or function.
- Acts as custodian of all agency monies.
- Provides reference and reader’s advisory services. Instructs and assists customers in accessing library information.
- Manages the operations of an agency or function.
- Plans, promotes, and presents programming. Coordinates, markets and manages programming led by outside presenters. Participates in community engagement activities and community outreach.
- Serves on or leads library committees and task forces as directed.
- Executes performance management duties to include but not limited to: training, coaching, documenting and evaluating performance of subordinate staff and administering the progressive discipline process.
- Represents the Library in relation to city, community and government agencies, and at local and state level.
- Actively seeks and participates in professional development opportunities and stays abreast of emerging technology and trends in the Library Information Science Field.
- Liaison with the Friends of the Library organization and other community entities to support and promote the mission of the library.
- Maintains knowledge and practices adherence to library and county policies and procedures, rules and practices.
- Assumes agency in-charge responsibilities, as required.
- Knowledge of the essential of public library principles and processes, including the creation, communication, identification, selection, organization, storage, retrieval, evaluation and dissemination of information.
- Knowledge of the role of the public library and the services it provides to a diverse clientele in an environment of rapid technological change.
- Knowledge of Library, County and HR policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the foundation and application of information technology, creation and management.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to apply the concepts of public library management, including effective decision making, problem solving, analysis and evaluation of professional issues, operational problems, policies and standards.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make effective decisions.
- Ability to assist patrons in the use of library materials in all formats.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to accurately sort, file, and/or retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical and chronological systems.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*