Vehicle Service Attendant
|Date Opened||4/12/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.67 - $17.50/hour|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- The ideal candidate will possess basic entry level knowledge of vehicle and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance in support of automobiles, trucks, and common motorized equipment.
- The candidate will assist in entry level repair, maintenance, and customer service for a large repair and maintenance operation supporting Hillsborough County Fleet Management Department.
- The candidate will be familiar with and will perform basic housekeeping and custodial duties.
- The candidate will possess basic knowledge on how to operate common hand tools and shop equipment.
- The candidate will be familiar with and will be required to drive and operate vehicles and equipment assets.
- The ideal candidate will possess a High School diploma or a GED certificate.
- The candidate will possess as a minimum “one year” of full time documented professional experience in the repair and maintenance of automobiles, trucks, or equipment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted.
- This position is designated as Mission Essential by the Department Director meaning that the candidate must be able to report to work in support of continuity of operations and/or emergency support functions.
- The candidate will possess a valid Florida Driver's License, with no more than seven points within the past 24 months. The candidate will possess a Class “B” Commercial Driver’s License with tanker and HazMat endorsement within the six month initial probationary period.
Completion of ninth grade
One year experience in vehicle or equipment maintenance or servicing.
Ability to obtain a class “B” Commercial Drivers License within the probationary period.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Inspects vehicles and equipment and performs routine maintenance and service to include; checking fuel, oil, other fluids, battery, tires, lights, and cleanliness.
- Assists in servicing small tools used for lawn maintenance.
- Documents discrepancies and completes work orders for additional maintenance.
- Operates various types of vehicles as required to perform proper servicing.
- Procures and records required materials and supplies.
- Assists in maintaining service records.
- Performs routine maintenance and janitorial work in assigned area.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of materials, tools and methods used in the routine maintenance and servicing of a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in the use of shop tools.
- Ability to inspect and correct minor maintenance discrepancies.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to operate motorized equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and reports.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SOME POSITIONS
- Specific Driver License class, endorsements, and the timeframe for an incumbent to obtain are determined by the Appointing Authority.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*