|Date Opened||4/12/2019 08:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$77,105.60 - $123,364.80/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Bachelors degree in Computer, Management or Information Systems or related field.
Five (5) years of experience troubleshooting, supporting and implementing software/hardware solutions as well as analog and digital telephony experience relating to such infrastructure and integrations.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
ITIL v3 Preferred
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Speaking, Vision, Hearing, Sitting, and Standing
- Use of Office Machinery such as PCs, Smart Phones, Tablets, Calculators and Multi-Function Devices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Performs research and development to establish architecture standards, infrastructure technology standards and multi-platform hardware/software solutions for software systems. Analyzes solutions using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions. Assists in administering, maintaining, troubleshooting, testing, configuring, and updating all communication center equipment and software as required; including, but not limited to current and upcoming 911 phone systems and Computer Aided Dispatch systems.
- Assist with project management duties on global, technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. Act as team technical liaison for externally managed technology projects. Monitors and assist upper management with special technology solutions projects serving as liaison to senior management, reporting on the status, identifying issues and taking action.
- Provides technical debugging, and troubleshooting for critical, complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices. Provides administrative and technical guidance/support for subordinate-level technical positions. Understands emergency (911) phones, both digital and analog, CAD, and related equipment, including but not limited to – software and hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Recommends innovative solutions to reduce operational costs, improve client productivity, and enhance the efficiency & reliability of the enterprise solutions. Develop, edit, and distribute technical reports using SQL or other reporting tools. Produce clear and detail technical specifications and other technical reports. Provides instructions for appropriate operation of dispatch consoles, recording playback equipment and associated technology; review reports and statistical analysis of phone system usage; perform wireless coverage mapping. Creates and maintains records regarding usage of associated technology.
- Performs technical design, analysis, implementation, maintenance, optimization and troubleshooting of software solutions. Performs troubleshooting for software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for software systems. Assists the Public Safety Information Systems Manager in reviewing and updating departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures and assists in implementing same as they relate to the proper use and protocols of communication equipment.
- Works with vendors, clients, and other technical staff to resolve technical issues related to vendor-specific supported infrastructure. Good working knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Master Street Address Guide (MSAG). Performs spot checks of County PSAPs, reporting conditions and supply assistance where practical.
- Provides Tier-1 and Tier-2 technical support for escalated complex issues in supporting systems related to public safety’s personal computers, peripherals and end user devices. Excellent oral and written communications ability; ability to communicate with people at all levels of an organization; ability to prepare oral and written reports. Customer centric approach to working with all clients, both internal and external to Hillsborough County.
- Performs user account management functions. Creates, deletes or transfers user accounts and manages access control based on department/division policies and procedures. Supports the Public Safety Information Systems Manager and HCFR CAD Administrator in his/her absence or as directed and advises staff of technology trends, design and practices when appropriate.
- Act as a subject matter expert and primary point of contact for assigned systems. Analyze and design program logic, screen layouts, reports, and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems. Assists in the coordination of new roads, address points, Graphic Information Systems (GIS) that impact the mapping systems used by CAD via a coordinated effort with Geospatial Services and the Department’s GIS analyst.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of industry telephony infrastructure to include digital and analog and the unification of such to deliver reliable 911 service as well as ability to create and update technical documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with application solutions, server based applications, telephony and project methodologies.
- Considerable knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical solutions, hardwareand system software components.
- Advance ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, project plans and other technical reports.
- Ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Advance ability to troubleshoot critical, complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*