|Date Opened||4/12/2019 08:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,464.00 - $98,342.40/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a computer technology or related field.
Two (2) years of experience troubleshooting, supporting and implementing application software solutions that support a specific business function that provides direct customer support.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
- Customer Commitment: Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity: Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence: Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork: Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Critical Thinking: Use critical thinking and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Decision Making: Ability to establish objectives, evaluate the alternatives and select the best possible solution to fit the scenario.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Strategic Planning: Ability to use considerable initiative and exercise sound judgment in making conclusive recommendations based on business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Provide technical project management for new Human Services projects. Provide junior team members with technical assistance to ensure assigned tasks are completed within the required deadline or notify the section manager of any issues affecting the completion of the task. Act as the primary point of contact for the vendor with any technical items and with the customer to ensure the application meets the defined requirements. Act as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for technical project tasks.
- Oversee on-going support for applications under the Human Services team. Responsibilities include daily monitoring of application functions, acting as second level support for application issue resolution, and acting as the primary vendor contact for issue resolution and testing. Manage the troubleshooting of application issues by other team members, contacting the vendor and managing outstanding vendor items, ensuring the issue is resolved and that the customer is notified of the resolution. Act as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact with the vendor.
- Manage review and testing of all application patches or updates to Human Services applications managed by IIO. Primary responsibility is to review and test items in the patch release in the UAT site to ensure that they are functioning correctly before approving for production implementation. Provide feedback to the vendor on any issues found during testing and manage any client testing. Ensure UAT testing is completed by the required deadline or that notification is made to customer and management of the reason for the delay. Act as the final approver for patches and verify that the production release is correct.
- Performs research and development to establish architecture standards, infrastructure technology standards and multi-platform hardware/software solutions for software systems. Analyzes solutions using established technology standards to develop multi-platform hardware/software solutions.
- Performs technical design, analysis, implementation, maintenance, optimization and troubleshooting of software solutions.
- Provides technical debugging, and troubleshooting for complex issues in supporting multiple infrastructure platforms related to enterprise application systems and end user devices. Provides administrative and technical guidance/support for subordinate-level technical positions.
- Oversee application administration for Human Services applications that are managed by IIO. Responsibilities include ensuring other team members complete set up of new users and their rights, deactivation of users, table updates, password resets, access assistance, ad-hoc reports, and script creation/updates. Ensure these requests are completed within 1 business day or the date requested by the customer. Monitor activities of the other team members and provide guidance to ensure the application has back-up support when the primary staff is out.
- Uses organization and planning skills to manage tasks effectively to complete projects as expected.
- Assists with or participates directly in application development, as required.
- Other duties as assigned Job.
- Basic knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Basic knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform software solutions for enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Considerable knowledge of industry standards, characteristics, features and troubleshooting methods associated with application solutions, server based applications.
- Considerable knowledge developing, maintaining and supporting technical solutions, hardwareand system software components.
- Advance ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple complex projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, project plans and other technical reports. Ability to work independently and analyze, interpret and accurately summarize complex business processes and detailed information.
- Advance ability to troubleshoot complex hardware/software technical issues associated with enterprise software systems and end user devices.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Project professionalism and be a role model to peers and subordinate positions.
- Communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*