|Date Opened||4/9/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,235.20 - $77,188.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Three years of experience procuring commodities and services.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position typically takes place in an office environment.
- Requires sitting for an extended period of time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Plans and implements the procurement process that results in the acquisition of a variety of commodities and services to fulfill the requirements of County agencies and departments.
- Provides guidance and training to personnel; May assign, monitor, and review work.
- Conducts procurement planning sessions with user department's representatives to ensure understanding of the procurement process and associated timeframes, and establishes respective roles and responsibilities.
- Collaborates with departments to develop, implement, and maintain the Annual Procurement Plan.
- Determines the appropriate method of solicitation in accordance with applicable laws and Board policies.
- Reviews requisitions, specifications and scopes of work to ensure they promote competition and best value for the County.
- Develops and assembles procurement documents and coordinates any required reviews to ensure consistency and accountability in County procurements.
- Prepares purchase orders, blanket/contract agreements, contract extensions, change orders, revisions and modifications, and other similar documents.
- Identifies potential vendors, using various sources, to ensure adequate competition.
- Presides at the Pre-Bid/Proposal Conference to provide information and instructions, and responds to vendor questions to ensure the clarity of solicitation documents.
- Identifies issues that require an addendum, and prepares and issues addendum to ensure all bidders have the same information.
- Conducts public bid/proposal opening for projects over the formal bid threshold in accordance with established procedures.
- Reviews bids and proposals for responsiveness to minimum procurement requirements, and notifies affected bidders/proposers of non-responsiveness and non-responsibility findings.
- Ensures contract performance measurements are maintained, monitored, and documented.
- Reviews, evaluates and resolves protests in accordance with established procedures, to ensure bidders/proposers receive due process and are treated fairly and consistently.
- Prepares award recommendations in compliance with agency policy; and issues purchase orders.
- Negotiates with vendors to obtain best prices.
- Consults with department head or designee to determine commodity/service needs and delivery schedules.
- Provides countywide guidance, training, and assistance related to procurement processes, automation systems, and contract management.
- Reviews requisitions, purchase orders and reports for accuracy and compliance with agency policies.
- Provides guidance, training and motivation to lower level personnel in the procurement processes and automation systems.
- When so designated, may assume the authority of, and act on behalf of a more senior staff member.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of County procurement policies, practices, procedures, and regulations.
- Knowledge of procurement practices such as vendor and source identification, pricing methods and calculations, bid and proposal preparation, contracts, and pricing agreements.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local laws and regulations affecting procurement policies, practices and procedures.
- Skill in contract negotiations.
- Skill in making presentations to groups.
- Ability to prepare and/or review bid documents and responses for compliance with policies, procedures, conditions, and regulations.
- Ability to prepare purchase orders, blanket/contract purchase agreements, contract extensions, change orders, revisions and modifications, and other similar documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data in order to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and oversee the work of others.
- Ability to conduct research, collect and interpret data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and work processes.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.