|Date Opened||4/19/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,873.60 - $63,793.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- 1 year of experience as a community planner
- Experience drafting presentations and presenting to various groups, including homeowners, industry representatives and elected officials
- Experience reviewing and analyzing land development and rezoning proposals
- Experience with zoning and development regulations
- Experienced in front line customer counseling
An equivalent combination of relevant education (Not less than a 4-year degree in Urban/Community Planning) training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This position typically takes place in an office environment.
- Requires sitting for an extended period of time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Collects, summarizes, analyzes, and presents facts and trends for use in evaluating land development proposals and community growth and development plans, studies and reports.
- Conducts studies and extracts information to be used in reports relating to land use, economic bases, transportation systems, utility systems, community facilities, population housing, community, and neighborhood plans and programs.
- Writes drafts of zoning, subdivision and other land development regulations.
- Writes future land use, transportation, community facility, and other elements of comprehensive plans.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and presents data for use in the development of capital improvement plans and programs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of comprehensive planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations governing comprehensive planning.
- Knowledge of data collection methods and statistical analysis techniques.
- Skill in making presentations to groups.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions and presentations and reports.
- Ability to use appropriate computer applications.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*