|Date Opened||4/9/2019 08:56:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,539.20 - $42,681.60/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Seven(7) years of painting experience; to include operating hand brush, roller or spray painting areas, and minor patchwork and refinishing furniture. Ability to determine the type and amount of material needed. Ability to rig scaffolding.
Will have excellent customer service skills and initiative, An intermediate skill level in computer proficiency and familiarity working with an integrated database, Attention to detail and accuracy, Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member, Strong work ethic and ability prioritize multiple tasks and follow through in a timely manner.
Two years of experience painting building exteriors and interiors, furniture or equipment.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work in confined spaces, on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
- Adapt to various work environments.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Prepares and cleans surfaces for painting by using sandpaper, burners, scrapers, sanding machines, dusters, and paint removers.
- Caulks and patches exterior and interior surfaces of equipment, buildings and other facilities.
- Mixes paints and allied products.
- Applies waterproofing or sealer materials to exterior of buildings.
- Applies undercoats and finished coats of paint to the exterior and interior of buildings, furniture, and other structures by means of brush, roller, or spray equipment.
- Applies texture coatings to walls and industrial coatings to buildings.
- Pressure washes building exteriors.
- Prepares and strips parking lots.
- Erects, uses and removes portable mechanical scaffolding, bucket trucks and ladders.
- Cleans brushes, containers, spray guns, and other related equipment.
- Applies glazing, hangs paper and repairs plaster, drywall and wood surfaces.
- Maintains time, material, and related work records there the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Refinishes woodwork and doors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of painting tools and equipment and their proper use and cleaning and maintenance.
- Knowledge of painting methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of paint and allied products.
- Knowledge of high pressure washers and sandblasters.
- Skill in the use and maintenance of paint spray equipment.
- Skill in the use and maintenance of pressure washers and sandblasters.
- Ability to measure and apply paint and markings correctly.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to operate basic computer functions (email, digital time card, data entry, and others.).
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to operate a standard motor vehicle safely.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*