Manager (GIS Project Manager)
|Date Opened||4/12/2019 09:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,596.80 - $90,563.20/year|
|Department||Transportation & Utility Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Four years of experience in the management of planning and cartographic projects.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Collaborate with Development and Infrastructure Services sections and other county agencies to ensure that projects are executed in the most efficient manner possible.
- Oversee daily operations of the GIS Section under guidance of the GIS Section Manager.
- Coordinate the work of entry, mid-level and senior GIS Analysts/Mapping Technicians in the event of the GIS Section Manager absence.
- Provide GIS solutions to streamline routine Public Works manual business processes to increase efficiency.
- Provides assistance to other staff on database design and management, scripts and custom GIS tools.
- Collaborate directly with local government staff and other agencies.
- Manage special mapping project requests from County Commissioners.
- Manage complex studies, data and analysis for special projects on topics such as analysis of vacant and developable land, opportunities for redevelopment, or transportation studies.
- Manage staff and consultants performing aspects of the project scope, mapping work, or technical development.
- Approve budget expenditures for consultant tasks.
- Manage quality control procedures and activities as the central point of review and control for GIS data and mapping changes.
- Coordinate and review GIS Section policies and procedures documentation.
- Provide technical support and training for GIS procedures and capabilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Extensive knowledge of GIS technology, cartography and data management tools.
- Knowledge of best practices in GIS data management and cartography.
- Extensive knowledge of Esri ArcGIS Desktop and Online products and ArcGIS Enterprise (Server).
- Extensive knowledge of data analysis processes.
- Experience providing web-based or mobile GIS solutions.
- Supervisory and project management experience.
- Knowledge of management techniques.
- Skill in supervising the work of staff from multiple agencies.
- Skill in writing and presenting reports to upper management.
- Skill in controlling and managing large expenditures related to agency-wide projects and map generation.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to track and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to make independent decisions that effect and ensure the accuracy and quality of the legally mandated maps.
- Ability to collaborate with others in the agency and with outside agencies.
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze data using industry standards.
- Ability to use technology to accomplish project management in a fiscally efficient manner.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.