Engineering Associate (Developer Construction Inspector)
|Date Opened||4/2/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,867.20 - $70,179.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Three years of experience in the investigation, evaluation, assessment, planning, design, or inspection of public infrastructure and systems.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than possession of a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work is performed in the office and construction sites
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Completes construction inspections for public transportation or stormwater construction projects in public right-of-way providing senior inspector level judgment and interpretation of the Land Development Code (LDC), specifications, and policies/procedures.
- Complete daily report of inspections for each day's activities, reporting project inspections and results.
- Attends preconstruction meetings to discuss developer inspection requirements of the LDC, specifications, and policies/procedures.
- May supervise and/or oversee the work of others by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Provides information, technical advice and support to engineers and the public.
- Prepares correspondence and work status reports.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of drafting and land surveying methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of public works construction practices, procedures, methods, specifications, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety procedures, occupational hazards, and protective equipment.
- Knowledge of project management, design, construction, and logistics management.
- Knowledge of cartographic standards.
- Knowledge of the use and calibration of engineering instruments.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Ability to coordinate project activities with other agencies.
- Ability to prepare and review construction designs, plans, specifications, legal descriptions, cost estimates, and bid documents.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*