Disaster Recovery Administrator
|Date Opened||4/5/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$68,827.20 - $110,136.00/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major an information technology or related engineering field;
Four (4) years of experience of emergency and disaster recovery administration and planning practices and programs, and experience troubleshooting and supporting of enterprise level hardware/software solutions for servers, storage systems, backup systems.
Experience developing or providing input on an Information & Technology Disaster Recover Plan or Business Continuity Plan
Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job related competencies indicated as part of this position description.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures Information Technology (IT) disaster recovery plans are appropriately maintained. This may include investigation, planning, documentation, implementation, and revision of disaster recovery processes and plans. Develops DR strategy and guidance to management for the County’s IT Systems support and recovery. Communicates and trains department staff and clients on IT Disaster Recovery Plan. Gathers IT DR requirements from client departments and develop DR strategies to meet requirements. Administers policies, procedures and ensures compliance.
- Works with IT teams to update and maintain department’s COOP plan. Communicates and trains department staff on IT COOP Plan. Develops, updates, and communicates standards, policies, and procedures for department’s COOP to the IIO Department's management and staff.
- Acts as the IT liaison to the Emergency Operations Management Department, oversees IT crisis management activities to help provide and coordinate disaster preparedness with respect to the organization's IT technologies. Performs Emergency Support Functions (ESF) during emergency activations concerning IT related technologies functions.
- Ensures operational readiness of the County’s DR Plan and critical DR systems. This includes facilitating annual testing of the IIO Department's IT DR plan, operational activation, and critical DR IT systems and support infrastructure systems.
- Ensures operational readiness of the County’s DR Datacenter and systems. This includes testing of the Datacenter’s support infrastructure including generators, UPS, AC and fire suppression systems.
- Performs project management duties on DR technology projects in accordance with established project management methodology. Prepares technical reports on DR system’s designs, procedures, status and DR system backlogs.
- Performs network server and computer builds installing multi-platform operating systems & applications and deploying through automation. Performs remedial troubleshooting for hardware and software systems, preventative maintenance, patching and upgrades for enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Performs data backup and restores of server applications, databases and user data files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of industry project methodologies and use of documentation platforms for project and technical documentation.
- Considerable knowledge of enterprise infrastructure engineering, design and architecture of multi-platform hardware/software solutions for enterprise network servers, storage systems, backup systems, personal computers, peripherals and end user devices.
- Considerable knowledge of emergency and disaster recovery planning practices and programs for enterprise IT infrastructure systems.
- Considerable knowledge of industry standards for designing and implementing disaster recovery processes and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems in the event of a disruption or failure.
- Ability to assess recovery preparedness for the IT organization and of enterprise IT infrastructure systems.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks and time to meet delivery dates.
- Ability to develop, edit, and present technical designs, network diagrams, project plans and other technical reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*