|Date Opened||4/23/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,070.40 - $52,790.40/year|
|Department||Operations & Legislative Affairs|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Two years of administrative/secretarial experience.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- This job is performed in a professional office environment.
- This job is largely a sedentary role.
- This job may require an incumbent to lift boxes up to 30 pounds, open filing cabinets, and bend/stand as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Provides administrative support for department Boards & Councils, including the Citizens Advisory Committee and Commission on the Status of Women. May also assist with the Hillsborough County Hospital Authority, Human Rights Board, and Diversity Advisory Committee. Work includes attending meetings to take minutes; preparing recaps and agendas; reserving rooms, providing meeting notices; and preparing meeting materials.
- Assists Division Director with general Equal Opportunity office work, including reviewing and referring intake documents; and coordinating between the Equal Opportunity Administrator and Investigative Services Manager as needed.
- Provides purchasing support for the department, including all PCard and purchase order purchases. Provides travel coordination support for a Division Director who does a substantial amount of travel throughout the year.
- Assists the Division Director with County HIPAA Compliance efforts, including, but not limited to, managing the online training software, enrolling and reminding individuals, provides initial and basic initial responses to departments seeking HIPAA info; and administrative support for updates to departments.
- Coordinate with County Staff for meetings and logistics between Division Director while traveling during Legislative Session. May assist with legislative bill tracking, organization, analysis, and report writing.
- Assists Division Directors with general payroll and Kronos work, including timekeeping and leave approvals.
- Accesses, secures, and monitors restricted, sensitive, and confidential records or information in the form of employee records of the Division Director's direct and indirect reports; HIPAA information, including potential PHI, HRO and HR complaint case information in certain circumstances.
- Provides administrative support and follow up with other County employees and the public on HIPAA, Equal Opportunity, ADA and other work, requiring a high level of professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality.
- May assist Division Director in the preparation of memoranda, emails, general correspondence, and other general documentation.
- Assists Division Director with calendar management. Assists Division Director in budgetary review and ongoing matters.
- Provides primary backup to Operations & Legislative Affairs Officers' Executive Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and rules of Operations & Legislative Affairs and the Compliance Services Division function and operation.
- Knowledge of processing administrative and secretarial procedures, such as Microsoft Office, printing and scanning, and databases utilized within the department.
- Skills in communication and effective writing, with an emphasis on confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- Ability to draft agendas, recaps, emails, and provide support assistance for Boards & Councils.
- Ability to handle restricted, sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to serve the public and represent the County with courtesy and professionalism.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*