Planning & Zoning Tech
|Date Opened||3/19/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/4/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,843.20 - $52,561.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Working knowledge of terminology used in legal descriptions and land use .
- Working knowledge of State and County laws, ordinances, and regulations governing planning and zoning matters.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask.
One year of public contact experience involving zoning, planning, engineering, real estate, or legal matters; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Reviews and verifies zoning and setback requirements on site plan submitted with residential permit applications to ensure compliance with County ordinances, regulations, and comprehensive plans.
- Review zoning and permit applications submitted by citizens, builders, and developers for complete and accurate information. To ensure compliance with Land Development Code regulations.
- Reviews and verifies finish floor elevation requirement on site plan submitted with residential and commercial permit applications.
- Prepares and distributes materials, coordinates and attends public meetings, workshops and hearings in order to ensure land use applications are transmitted to BOCC within legally mandated timeframes.
- Provides assistance and answers questions for customers, both in person and by telephone.
- Provides technical assistance to customers by preparing maps, charts and other graphic materials that will be utilized in the processing of permit application requests.
- Knowledge of County regulations governing planning & zoning matters.
- Knowledge of terminology used in legal descriptions and land use documents.
- Able to interact with the public in a professional, courteous manner.
- Able to accurately answer questions and resolve problem situations or refer to appropriate office.
- Able to read and interpret maps, plans, aerials and other related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to participate effectively in the formulation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Skilled in the use of various office equipment.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*