Library Service and Technology Guide Tier II
|Date Opened||3/19/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.37 - $27.79/hour|
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; and
- Two years of experience providing instruction in accessing and using the Library’s automated circulation system, computerized databases, library related software, e-book and digital magazine platforms, general office equipment; and
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
- An equivalent combination of education, (not less than a high school Diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above; and
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
Some of the library branches are designated by the US Department of State as Passport Acceptance Facilities, and incumbents in certain positions in this classification function as Passport Acceptance Agents, in addition to their regular library duties in those branches. To be selected and authorized to serve as a passport acceptance agent in such branches, the candidate/employee must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. national, and 18 years of age or older; and
Must not have a record of either: (a) A Federal or State felony conviction; or (b) A misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving moral turpitude or breach of trust, including but not limited to embezzlement, identity theft, misappropriation, document fraud, drug offenses, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
Training and Certification: Employees selected to be passport acceptance agents will be trained to apply procedures and practices as detailed in the guidance provided by the US Department of State, and must pass the certification exam and maintain an annual re-certification.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, stoop, crouch, balance or handle materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to bend and kneel.
- Must be able to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Provides front-line customer service assistance via phone, email or in person to internal and external customers. Provides direction, promotion of and instruction in accessing and using the Library’s automated circulation system, computerized databases, library related software, e-book and digital magazine platforms, general office equipment.
- Manages customer accounts, including Library care registration, fines and fees within the integrated library system. Counts and balances cash drawer and makes deposits as required.
- Performs troubleshooting and instruction on a variety of hardware, software and general office equipment. Maintains digital literacy awareness and education.
- Manages meeting rooms, study rooms and computer usage.
- Maintains accurate records, inventory list, and cataloging acquisitions.
- Ensures that items in the collection are properly preserved and make recommendations related to preservation and display needs.
- Updates library catalog records related to the items in the collection including digital images of the work.
- Conceptualizes, plans and organizes displays and exhibitions.
- Maintains knowledge of and practices adherence to library and county policies and procedures, rules and practices.
- Assumes in-charge responsibilities for routine daily operations of an agency, building and grounds as assigned.
- Executes performance management duties to include but not limited to: training, coaching, documenting and evaluating performance of subordinate staff.
- Creates class content for new instructional programs.
- Delivers training classes and one on one instruction to library users and fellow staff members.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, Microsoft products, varying office equipment.
- Knowledge of library filing and classification systems. Accurately sort, file, and/or retrieve material using alphabetical, numerical and chronological systems.
- Knowledge of library services policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of accessing and using the Library’s automated circulation system, computerized databases, related software, e-book and digital magazine platform.
- Knowledge of the basic operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of library automated systems and personal computers.
- Skill in cash handling and the ability to perform basic arithmetic computations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize.
- Ability to plan, prepare and deliver lessons and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Ability to be self-motivated and embrace change.
- Ability to display patience, tact, flexibility, creativity, poise, and a positive attitude while serving customers in a busy setting.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Veteran’s Preference:
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*