|Date Opened||3/11/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,822.40 - $114,899.20/year|
|Department||Recreation & Neighborhood Parks|
Performs executive level managerial duties with responsibility for planning, coordinating and managing all fiscal functions for the athletics, recreation, therapeutics, construction and maintenance sections of the Parks & Recreation Department, to include:
- All finance and fiscal functions delegated by the Chief Financial Administrator to departments;
- Manages key fiscal and process systems;
- Oversees the management of departmental accounts, purchasing/payables, and revenue/collections;
- Plans and oversees the preparation, implementation, and monitoring of the budgets of the various divisions and sections of the department;
- Manages all purchasing and procurement functions;
- Responsible for all financial activities related to the tracking and reporting of the departmental cost of services;
- Reviews staff processes and work flows in order to make comprehensive improvement recommendations;
- CAPRA Accreditation;
- Troubleshoots all departmental fiscal system concerns and determines steps for corrective action as needed;
- Provides oversight and makes recommendations related to all vendor and grant management tasks;
- Works with department functional areas to determine budget strategies based on developed business plans;
- Prepares high-level financial reports to leadership as needed including trend and forecast reports;
- Actively participates in leadership and professional training to enhance knowledge base as needed within the scope of fiscal and financial management and planning;
This position includes highly responsible work related to the review and analysis of data including the development and processing of routine and ad hoc reports.
This position will have two direct reports, as follows: 1 Business Manager, 1 Accountant, and responsible for an additional four direct reports.
Minimum of five years of experience directly related to the position duties.
Possession of a valid Driver License
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages key fiscal and process systems for the Parks and Recreation Department. Manages accounts, purchasing/payables, and revenue/collections.
- Plans, prepares, implements and monitors the budget of the departments.
- Direct supervision of two employees. Indirect supervision of four employees.
- Primary point of contact for all department fiscal and finance reports.
- Management and oversight for all procurement transactions and contract management.
- Department coordinator for National Accreditation.
- Reviews staff processes and work flows in order to make comprehensive improvement recommendations.
- Fiscal point-of contact for department advisory and volunteer boards.
- Oversight and reporting of Budget to Actuals to department leadership; oversight and reporting of property management system to include vehicles, equipment, facilities, and technologies.
- Management of sub ledger to general ledger reconciliations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Highly Complex and Analytical: A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate, technically complex problems. Policy, procedure, or precedents are typically created by this position
- Highly Complex and Analytical: Manager is available to review established departmental and/or County objectives. Independent judgment is required to recommend departmental or County objectives, evaluate new approaches to problem solving and assess changing facts or conditions.
- Requires regular contacts with internal and external persons of importance and influence. Involves considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in obtaining the cooperation of others. Requires the handling of delicate relationships and complex situations
- Involves planning at both the department and countywide level. Scope of planning is typically complex and involves multiple financial, operational, and programmatic issues. Focus is on both short and long-term planning.
- Responsible for making recommendations within a department in the areas of compensation, staff selection, disciplinary action, complaints, staff performance appraisal, and similar managerial duties. Plans, assigns, and evaluates the work of subordinates for effective operation and results
- Involves departmental and countywide leadership on issues that routinely affect the surrounding community in a demonstrable way from both a short and long-term perspective.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*