|Date Opened||3/5/2019 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,368.00 - $47,049.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Experience working with or ability to learn GIS mapping and engineering design software.
- Experience with reading and working with construction, design and as-built drawings as they relate to public utilities infrastructure for water, wastewater and reclaimed water.
- Knowledge of public utilities construction practices, procedures, specifications, materials and equipment.
- Experience in providing customer service related assistance for inquiries from both the public and within an organization for which they worked.
- Experience in working with and maintaining a large database for both quality control and data retrieval.
- Field experience locating, 811 locates, dig tickets and identifying utility markings in the field.
- Have experience working with specialized software programs, large scale format printers/scanners.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate;
- One (1) year of experience in engineering support
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
- Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Work is performed both in an office environment as well as outdoors depending on the area of assignment .
- The employee is regularly required to sit, and also required to walk.
- Frequently required reach with hands and arms, and required to stand.
- The employee must frequently lift or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Assists in reviewing plans to ensure compliance with codes, ordinances, rules, and regulations.
- Identifies, inspects, and accounts county Public Utilities assets and provide an accurate inventory and condition of assets.
- Locates existing feature data using GPS enabled devices (generally iPads) and edit attribute information.
- Performs arithmetical/mathematical calculations for work/projects.
- Performs simple inspection tasks and makes measurements and observations.
- Computes quantities; locates and marks underground utilities for planning and protection.
- Reviews utility permit applications for feasibility and construction/connection conflicts.
- Resolves citizen complaints and initiates corrective action by proper authorities.
- Conducts information searches of property ownership.
- Prepares and maintains records/reports of drawings, plans, and specifications.
- Researches, reviews, and evaluates data obtained from documents, field surveys, road maintenance programs or tests.
- Reads and inspects surveying data, technical data and blueprints.
- Sketches, draws, maintains and edits maps listing property owners, showing buildings, roads, right-of-ways, rivers, lakes, swamps, lowlands, plotted lands, streets, water and sewer drainage lines, demographic charts, and graphic exhibits; survey, plane and profile drawings of roads and storm sewers, roadway cross sections for drainage and excavation purposes; and preconstruction and as-built drawings.
- Operates light weight motor vehicle for traveling to work sites; operates radio or cell phone to communicate with others.
- Answers requests for information from public and other agencies.
- Conducts information searches of tax, court and other records .
- Contacts project developers to obtain required documentation.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of Public Works and Public Utilities construction practices, methods, specifications, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of safety practices in the construction industry;
- Knowledge of high school level mathematics.
- Knowledge of data collection and data entry into a data management system.
- Strong familiarity with computers, tablets, and cameras as well as familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Some knowledge of methods and techniques of engineering.
- Some knowledge of the rules, regulations and ordinances relating to construction and landscaping activities.
- Knowledge of the use and calibration of engineering instruments.
- Knowledge of inspection practices and procedures.
- Ability to reach a logical conclusion; coordinate activities with others; follow moderately complex instructions and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend codes and requirements; read dials and gauges;
- Ability to lift and carry equipment for periods of short duration but repeatedly over the course of a day (occasionally requires heavy lifting).
- Ability to complete standard forms; perform mathematical computations rapidly and accurately
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Ability to prepare oral and written reports and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and have excellent time management skills so as to complete those projects on-time.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, officials and the general public.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.