|Date Opened||12/21/2018 2:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,112.00 - $75,857.60/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Natural Science, with 24 credit hours in Chemistry.
- Eight years of experience in a NELAP certified Environmental Laboratory .
- 4 years as a lead analyst or 2 years as a supervisor.
- Knowledge of Federal and State rules that apply to applicable areas of environmental compliance criteria.
- Eight years of LIMS experience.
- Skill in the application of management and supervisory techniques.
- Ability to prepare and/or review detailed technical laboratory reports and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate, coordinate, and negotiate with customers, vendors, and regulators.
- Ability to effectively manage, supervise and coordinate personnel to implement assigned tasks in multiple projects.
Four years of experience in environmental, testing, or evaluation; including
One year of experience as a supervisor or lead worker/team leader; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work is typically performed in an office and laboratory environment.
- May require sitting and or standing for an extended period of time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Manages activities, resources, operations, and maintenance in a comprehensive environmental laboratory testing.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Evaluates resource, inventory, maintenance, and personnel certification requirements; identifies needs and makes recommendations.
- Evaluates compliance with environmental laboratory tests, health, safety and operational standards; and facility production and treatment capabilities.
- Provides budget inputs, and monitors fund allocations and expenditures.
- Investigates problems, implements solutions and directs remedial action during emergency situations.
- Coordinates with appropriate points of contact to ensure achievement of department objectives.
- Participates in chemical, physical, and biological studies to determine long range effects of environment contamination.
- Experiments, researches, and evaluates procedures to comply with Federal and State regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of laboratory analysis methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental pollutants sampling and testing.
- Knowledge of water pollution control.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local environmental control and mitigation laws and regulations.
- Skill in the use and operation of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to conduct and interpret chemical laboratory test results.
- Ability to use and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.