Social Media Strategist
|Date Opened||11/29/2018 09:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
|Department||Communications & Digital Media Svcs|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
One year of public relations experience.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Researches and recommends platforms and best practices for use by the County. Provides professional consultation to Communications and County administration as to social media strategy, and contributes to the development of integrated communication plans.
- Attends meetings as needed and works with department representatives and directors concerning projects, programs, and special events.
- Exercises independent professional judgment on social media planning, content, and messaging.
- Calculates and reports appropriate engagement metrics for each social media platform used by the County.
- May oversee the work of teammates engaged in maintaining social media platforms.
Knowledge, skills, behaviors, and abilities would include:
- Knowledge of graphics including skill in photography/videography, design, or publishing.
- Expert knowledge of social media platforms, their primary functions, and audience of each platform.
- Strong customer service skills and experience.
- Proven knowledge in deciphering analytics and using research for plan development with an emphasis on social media and new media.
- A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approach to complex problems.
- Must be able to develop new and non-standard approaches.
- Ability to do long-range strategic planning for organizational effectiveness, and plan events that will occur during the year.
- Requires developing and maintaining positive ongoing external relationships with varying publics.
- Requires the handling of extremely delicate/sensitive relationships and complex situations, information, and materials.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, their primary functions, and audience of each platform.
- Knowledge in deciphering analytics and using research for plan development with an emphasis on social media and new media.
- Knowledge of customer service best practices.
- Skill in graphics, photography/videography, design, or publishing.
- Ability to demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to use analytical skills and inductive reasoning to devise new, non-standard approaches to complex problems.
- Ability to conduct long-range strategic planning for organizational effectiveness and to plan events that will occur throughout the year.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive ongoing external relationships with various groups.
- Ability to handle extremely delicate/sensitive relationships and complex situations, information, and materials.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*