Software Asset Management Administrator
|Date Opened||11/21/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,548.80 - $96,886.40/year|
|Department||Information & Innovation Ofc|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
This internal recruitment is restricted to all internal County Administration staff, to include, full time, part time, classified, unclassified, probationary, temporary, and seasonal employees.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Possession of an ITIL Foundations Certification and related experience
- Possession of an CSAM (Certified Software Asset Manager) or similar certification
- Experience with the creation of purchase orders
- Experience with a Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Experience developing and maintaining processes for managing and tracking Software Configuration Items (CIs) from procurement to retirement
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major an information technology or related engineering field;
Three years of experience in an IT and software asset management role.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on the nature of their assignments, individual employees may perform some or all of the duties described below.
- Works directly with departments to maintain a seamless transition from the creation of purchase orders, to the delivery of software assets, to the retirement of end of life assets.
- Maintains the accuracy of Configuration Items (CIs) in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Develops and maintains processes for managing and tracking Software Configuration Items (CIs) from procurement to retirement.
- Defines, maintains, and updates processes, policies, and procedures for effective management of the CIs life cycle (e.g., acquisition, deployment, utilization, de-installation, reallocation, and disposal).
- Facilitates the Software Approval Process for new requests.
- Audits, validates, and reconciles software licenses against the installed software asset database.
- Evaluates software license utilization and identifies opportunities to reduce licensing costs.
- Establishes enterprise wide contractual software licensing agreements and contracts.
- Defines metrics, collects data, and reports on the effectiveness of the IT software asset management processes.
- Researches licensing models, product use rights, as well as licensing metrics and entitlements for vendor-published software assets.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the ITIL Framework, IT Service Management process/capabilities, IT Asset Management (ITAM), and IT Financial Management industry methodologies.
- Working knowledge of common Software Asset Management tools, IT asset discovery technologies, and data analysis techniques.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data to make logical decisions.
- Ability to coordinate with vendors, agencies, and staff.
- Ability to systematically resolve problems related to asset data and reporting.
- Ability to work effectively with others and provide superior customer service to end-users.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*