Case Manager (SOAR)
|Date Opened||10/11/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/17/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,937.60 - $62,691.20/year|
|Department||Health Care Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
An Associate's degree; and
Two years of experience assessing client eligibility for Health or Social Service programs. SOAR Works SSI/SSDI Outreach,
Access and Recovery (SOAR) Online Course completion. (Required)
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License (Required)
Experience completing and submitting SSI/SSDI application packets, preferably using the SOAR model. (Preferred)
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License (Required)
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper body mechanics required -- bending, stooping, turning, stretching, reaching above the shoulders and occasional lifting and involved.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate effectively.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Interpret and apply complex county and department policy/procedures in order to complete and submit SSI/SSDI application packets using the SOAR model and including outside agencies and community resources as necessary. Requires use of multiple complex IT systems, strict adherence to complex Health Care Services program procedures; development of case management plans, approvals and other pertinent information used to document contacts, resources used in compliance with local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Gather all information, data, and materials necessary to form records. Ensures all data is accurate and secure by following standard operating policies and procedures. Maintains files and data by reviewing entries in client records.
- Analyzes multiple sources of client information to assess needs and determine eligibility for services. Develop a case plan/client profile and place client in programs as necessary.
- Communicate professionally, courteously, and effectively, both orally and in writing to supervisor, clients, and vendors on a daily basis.
- Complete outreach activities to improve unit effectiveness and customer service delivery for SOAR Team. Through training efforts, ensures the quality and effectiveness of service delivery by unit to the community and the department.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, County, and community health and social service programs for which most clients are eligible: eligibility requirements, application procedures, and other relevant program polices. (Desired)
- Working knowledge of the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) disability income benefits administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA). (Essential)
- Skill in dealing with clients in crisis and under stressful conditions.
- Skill in interviewing clients to assist in compliance with program guidelines.
- Skill in interviewing clients to identify health needs.
- Skill in crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Bilingual in Spanish desired, but not required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*