|Date Opened||10/10/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,808.00 - $108,513.60/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Registration as a Professional Architect in the State of Florida; and
Possession of a valid Driver license.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Significant standing, walking, sitting, climbing, and crawling.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to read computer screens and printouts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Provides professional architectural services to user agencies in initiating, planning, managing, budgeting and scheduling of real estate/facilities projects/programs; and performing feasibility studies.
- Manages the real estate/facility project/program development phase by providing site selection criteria; conducting public meetings; preparing responses to administrative referrals; researching site development constraints; complying with regulatory/permitting requirements; obtaining and reviewing environmental audits; preparing schematic designs; developing cost estimates, schedules and scopes for project design and construction.
- Prepares and supervises the design of in house real estate/facility construction projects by programming, conceptualizing and designing projects; and by preparing schematics, construction drawings and specifications.
- Serves as Architect of Record for in-house design projects by supervising the preparation of construction drawings and specifications; selecting, procuring and coordinating the work of consultants; signing and sealing documents for permitting purposes; and applying for and obtaining permits.
- Manages the design phase of consultant designed projects by developing scope of services; orchestrating design activities among various consultants; developing requests for proposal (RFP) for professional architectural/engineering services; initiating and participating in consultant selection and contract/fee negotiation; administering design consultant contracts; participating in design decisions; coordinating with other County departments or agencies to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations; determining progress based on cost and schedule requirements; ensuring compliance with program requirements, budget constraints, scope of services and user requirements; performing quality assurance and constructability reviews of consultant design documents; authorizing consultant pay requests; and conducting public information meetings.
- Manages procurement of real estate/facilities projects by preparing bid advertisement packages, which includes coordination of contract documents, technical drawings and specifications, supplemental provisions, and special conditions in order to comply with Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) goals, project scope and legal requirements; analyzing bids to determine responsiveness of bidder; evaluating cost estimates; arranging for regulatory permit acquisition; selecting consultants for construction services; establishing completion/milestone dates; conducting pre-bid/pre-construction conferences; issuing addenda; conducting public information meetings; issuing construction notices to proceed; and signing and sealing architectural documents as necessary.
- Manages the construction phase of real estate/facilities projects by directing and supervising project representatives and inspectors; administering construction contracts; and reviewing shop drawings. Registered Architect oversees work of design professionals to ensure that the project is on time, within budget and in conformance with quality standards, plans designs and specifications; conducting preconstruction meetings; issuing notice to proceed; conducting construction progress meetings; resolving design conflicts in the field; negotiating change orders and allowance authorizations; monitoring costs, budgets and schedules; reviewing construction progress reports, project milestones and completion times; evaluating progress and comparing to critical path to determine impact; coordinating activities with regulatory agencies to ensure contract compliance with applicable federal/state/local laws, regulations and ordinances; inspecting the site; reviewing and approving progress payments; approving final inspection; identifying construction deficiencies and directing corrections; reviewing warranties; evaluating system startup; and signing and sealing architectural documents as necessary.
- Provides Architect of Record services for construction of in-house design projects by responding to contractor's requests for information; reviewing shop drawings, product information and substitution requests; issuing field orders; interpreting plans and specifications; and authorizing changes to construction documents.
- Manages real estate/facilities projects closeout activities by supervising final inspections; verifying and approving certificates of completion; ensuring training of maintenance staff; transferring of projects to user departments; and reviewing operating maintenance manuals.
- Administers a real estate/facility project or program by developing and submitting program status reports; responding to administrative referrals, architectural inquiries and citizen complaints; maintaining technical library; developing budgets; developing standards and specifications; conducting public meetings; and providing professional opinions relating to County facility projects and programs.
- Provides internal professional architectural consultation on capability of design and proposed acquisitions, project planning, architectural analysis, and timely completion of work within budget.
- Supervises the work of professional subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
• Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local codes, laws, regulations and ordinances pertaining to building construction, land development codes, safety codes and permitting.
• Extensive knowledge of construction project management methods and practices.
• Considerable knowledge of and proficiency in Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) particularly Auto CAD (Minimum Version 2014).
• Basic knowledge of civil, structural, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines related to facilities projects.
• Considerable knowledge of project programming, scheduling, budgeting and estimating
• Basic knowledge of and proficiency in 3D Rendering, such as SketchUp
• Considerable knowledge of and proficiency in using computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and graphic applications (such as Adobe Photoshop).
• Skill in visualizing spatial relationships and physical requirements.
• Skill in negotiation and dispute resolution.
• Ability to originate plans and specifications
• Ability to recognize and resolve potential construction problems and site development conflicts.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside the Department
• Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment
• Ability to perform quantitative analysis
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to compile technical reports and graphics
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.