Registered Nurse(Adult Day Care)
|Date Opened||7/19/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,827.20 - $68,952.00/year|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Possession of a valid State of Florida Registered Nurse license.
Position requires travel to all four Adult Day Care Centers for supervision of LPNs and various meetings
Possession of a valid Drivers License
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Must be prepared to care for chronically or critically ill patients, some of whom may require 24-hour supervision.
- There will be times when employees will need to be on their feet for hours at a time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Prepares patients for treatment, administers prescribed medication, and provides diagnostic and treatment functions.
- Establishes and updates patient medical and nursing care plans, as well as individual health plans for children ages 0-5.
- Provides bedside care and accompanies physicians on patient rounds.
- Evaluates patient's medical records and advises physicians of health care needs.
- Monitors patient's vital signs, symptoms and therapy reactions and notifies physician.
- Supervises health care provided by Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants and nursing students.
- Draws blood, administers oxygen, intravenous, electrocardiograms, and lead tests inserts catheters.
- Orders and accounts for narcotics, drugs, medication and supplies.
- Supervises the maintenance of a clean and sanitary patient health care environment.
- Provides information to staff committees and trains individual staff on improving patient care needs and direct care services.
- Instructs patients and relatives on recommended home health care.
- Coordinates the provision of home or early childhood site care, including delivery of service from available community, health and social service providers.
- Reports outbreaks and other relevant information to appropriate regulatory health organizations.
- Performs administrative case management, reviews reports, conducts home visits and evaluates services rendered.
- Manages medical clinics, assists physicians, and provides ambulatory treatment.
- Prepares and maintains patient’s medical records and reports.
- Performs physical examinations and health care screenings.
- Provides Occupational Medical Management guidelines, reviews reports, implements services and determines reimbursements.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practices.
- Knowledge of medications, drugs, and narcotics, and their effects.
- Knowledge of case management processes and principles.
- Knowledge of health care plans and procedures.
- Skill in applying professional nursing techniques.
- Ability to analyze facts and conditions and apply sound nursing principles in making decisions concerning patient care.
- Ability to schedule, plan and conduct training of nursing and technical personnel.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain files and reports.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*