|Date Opened||6/22/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,833.60 - $83,428.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the inspection, construction, or design of water, wastewater, and reclaimed water collection, transmission and treatment systems.
- Experience in mid- to large-sized water and wastewater projects ($5 - $10 million) as a responsible person in-charge of construction (such as a resident inspector).
- Experience and excellent ability to review and interpret engineering design plans, construction plans, technical specifications, and permit conditions.
- Experience and excellent ability to read and interpret the terms of contracts.
- Advanced skills at construction conflict resolution.
- Experience and skills in project constructability review and value engineering.
- Thorough knowledge of construction standards, methods, materials, and inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of field testing and sampling requirements for water, wastewater, and reclaimed water collection, transmission and treatment systems.
- Experience and knowledge in Maintenance of Traffic through construction zones.
- Experience and knowledge of OSHA, NPDES, ADA, FDOT, AASHTO, ASTM, ACI and AWWA standards.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Excellent writing skills to prepare engineering technical and inspection reports.
- Experience in Capital Improvement Project risk management, scheduling and budgeting.
- Knowledge of project management methods, municipal policies and procedures.
- Be self-motivated and have a proven track record of completing projects on time and within budget.
- Be customer service driven and possess excellent listening skills.
- Prefer a General Contractor license, Underground Contractor license, Inspector Certifications or similar.
Ten years of experience in the inspection or planning, assessment, design, construction of public infrastructure projects; and
Possession of a valid Driver's License.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than possession of a High School diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Work is performed at construction sites and occasionally in the office
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push articles weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for long durations
- Requires wearing hard hat/helmet, safety glasses, safety shoes, gloves
- Must be able to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, electrical hazards, noise, heights, dust
- Must be able to withstand other typical site conditions associated with construction inspections.
- Requires extensive time in the field at construction sites, driving and minimal office work environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Inspects a variety of public water, wastewater and reclaimed water infrastructure construction projects for compliance with approved plans, specifications, permits, standards, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Verifies construction work is in compliance with approved plans, specifications and permits.
- Enforces contractual requirements.
- Ensures compliance with Public Utilities Dept., OSHA, NPDES, ADA, FDOT, AASHTO, ASTM, ACI and AWWA standards.
- Monitors construction progress, reviews requests for payment from Contractors, and verifies field quantities.
- Documents site inspections, capital project progress, deficient work and follow up on corrective actions.
- Observes required field testing and sampling.
- Monitors Maintenance of Traffic through construction zones for compliance with permits and standards.
- Communicates with adjacent property owners and responds to citizen concerns on construction projects.
- Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices to the construction, and maintenance of multiple municipal projects, or portions of major projects; resolves conflicts and ensures compliance with permits and regulations; monitors scopes, budgets, and schedules to ensure timely completion of projects
- Provides constructability review and value engineering support in the design of complete projects, systems, components of processes, including project documents.
- Prepares contract drafts; evaluates contractor proposals.
- Conducts reviews of permit applications.
- Analyzes and interprets data; formulates and solves problems; makes recommendations based on findings
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments, such as whether assigned projects are on schedule and established within budget
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and practices for assigned functional area.
- Knowledge of engineering design criteria, standards, and applicable permit requirements.
- Knowledge of construction standards, methods, materials, and inspection techniques.
- Knowledge of field testing, sampling, and investigative techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of testing and monitoring devices and techniques.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of project management theory, techniques, and tools.
- Ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and evaluate engineering problems and provide practical, cost effective solutions.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.