Program Assistant Part-Time
|Date Opened||3/9/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A Bachelor’s degree and professional experience are highly desirable.
- Be Experienced working with youth ages 8-18.
- Be Familiar with 4-H or other positive youth development program.
- Have a flexible schedule and willing to work the occasional night/weekend.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening.
- Be an effective written and verbal communicator.
- Feel comfortable presenting in front of small and large groups.
- Be able to establish solid partnerships and find innovative ways to attract new audiences.
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) is desirable.
Must be 18 years of age or older; and
Must successfully pass background screening; and
Two years of college education completed in education, science, or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred; and
One year working with youth ages 8-12; and
A valid Florida Driver's License and use of reliable transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in in-service education for the purpose of acquainting employee with the County 4-H Program and to give instruction in the subject matter area of home water conservation and 4-H Program responsibilities.
- Prepare educational resources for youth in program.
- Assists in the recruitment of sites and enrollment of youth in summer day camps and after school programs, community fairs, etc.
- Teach youth ages 8-18 home water conservation. Will use a variety of teaching techniques (videos, interactive posters, games, experiments, workbooks, creative dramatics, slide shows, etc.).
- Responsible for set-up and clean-up daily.
- Must be on time for programs with children.
- Accept and promote the Affirmative Action Plan of Hillsborough County and the Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
- Complete reports and pre/post tests as required.
- As, required, other specific responsibilities may be assigned to this position
- Ability to work with and supervise youth ages 8-18 years of age.
- Ability to teach children in an informal setting.
- Willingness to take and give directions.
- Must be willing to work with youth and adults regardless of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.