Program Assistant Part-Time
|Date Opened||3/9/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- A Bachelor’s degree and professional experience are highly desirable.
- Be Experienced working with youth ages 8-18.
- Be Familiar with 4-H or other positive youth development program.
- Have a flexible schedule and willing to work the occasional night/weekend.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background screening.
- Be an effective written and verbal communicator.
- Feel comfortable presenting in front of small and large groups.
- Be able to establish solid partnerships and find innovative ways to attract new audiences.
- Bilingual ability (English/Spanish) is desirable.
Must be 18 years of age or older; and
Must successfully pass background screening; and
Two years of college education completed in education, science, or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred; and
One year working with youth ages 8-12; and
A valid Florida Driver's License and use of reliable transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in in-service education for the purpose of acquainting employee with the County 4-H Program and to give instruction in the subject matter area of home water conservation and 4-H Program responsibilities.
- Prepare educational resources for youth in program.
- Assists in the recruitment of sites and enrollment of youth in summer day camps and after school programs, community fairs, etc.
- Teach youth ages 8-18 home water conservation. Will use a variety of teaching techniques (videos, interactive posters, games, experiments, workbooks, creative dramatics, slide shows, etc.).
- Responsible for set-up and clean-up daily.
- Must be on time for programs with children.
- Accept and promote the Affirmative Action Plan of Hillsborough County and the Florida Cooperative Extension Service.
- Complete reports and pre/post tests as required.
- As, required, other specific responsibilities may be assigned to this position
- Ability to work with and supervise youth ages 8-18 years of age.
- Ability to teach children in an informal setting.
- Willingness to take and give directions.
- Must be willing to work with youth and adults regardless of race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations