Manager Tourism Development
|Date Opened||3/7/2018 2:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/7/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,291.20 - $104,457.60/year|
Five years of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties.
A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in economic development, tourism development, arts administration, business administration, public administration or a related field; and
Three years of program/project management experience directly related to the position duties.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Constantly sitting at a desk or table.
- Occasionally standing and/or walking.
- Occasionally intermittently sitting, standing or stooping.
- Occasionally uses equipment requiring high dexterity.
- Occasionally requires good hearing.
- Frequently requires good near and distant vision.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administer and support all functions of the Hillsborough County Tourist Development Council (TDC).
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the Hillsborough County TDC strategic plan.
- Administer and coordinate with the Arts Council on the re-grant program, Cultural Assets Program and other related initiatives.
- Coordinate with various local and state business associations and other interests to address partnership opportunities, issues of concern, communication facilitation, and problem resolution related to government interaction.
- Maintain TDC Guidebook document, policies, procedures and other materials.
- Conduct and accomplish various special projects and assignments. Includes liaison with citizen/community groups and participation with community-based development organizations and task forces.
- Plan, forecast, approve and monitor TDC program budgets and related contracts.
- Devise long-term strategic plans (1, 2 and 5 years) including annual updates and strategic guidance in TDC award processes.
- Manage County engagement with the Tampa Hillsborough Film Commission, including the administration of Film Permits and Incentives, and management and compliance of agreements.
- Administer and manage compliance of all Seminole Gaming agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of national, state, and local business practices, laws & regulations relating to County involvement in tourism development, and arts and cultural development.
- Considerable knowledge of tourism as an economic development strategy, and arts and culture-driven place making.
- Considerable knowledge of economic development functions, activities, and initiatives utilized to support the tourism and cultural arts industries’ needs.
- Proficiency in PC based office software (word processing, spreadsheets and databases, specifically MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access).
- Proficiency in creating, organizing and maintaining records such as those pertaining to agencies receiving Tourist Development Tax Funds and other County funds.
- Proficiency in monitoring the compliance of agencies with agreements for services.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to develop and implement new strategies for assisting tourism and cultural asset partners.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment to pursue and complete projects without close supervision.
- Ability to be a self-starter and problem solver.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.