Senior Supervisor (Emergency Dispatch Center)
|Date Opened||3/1/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,161.60 - $69,596.80/year|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university; and
Two or more years of experience directly related to Emergency Dispatch Center duties.
An equivalent combination of education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job specific competencies listed above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Assists with Equipment operation and maintenance, i.e.: CAD, VESATA (phone system) NICE.
- Assists with department reports.
- Instruct Telecommunication Supervisors of forthcoming responsibilities and govern departmental regulations.
- Maintains and prepare accurate Telecommunication Supervisors employee file and evaluations.
- Evaluates Tracking Form (F-225) for infractions of policy prior to forwarding to Communication Manager.
- Complete the department’s Public Records Request (PRR) and keep all records of requests Randomly release EMD and EFD calls from ProQA to AQUA for quality assurance (QA) evaluations.
- Performs EMD and EFD quality assurance (QA) evaluations for Telecommunication Supervisors, Senior Telecommunicators and Telecommunicators to include monitoring trends.
- Executes investigation of all complaints against Telecommunication Supervisors.
- Submits annual shift assignments and vacation bids to Manager for approval.
- Approves and maintains Telecommunication Supervisor’s Telestaff, which includes approval of leave.
- Reviews payroll mishaps and submits adjustments for Telecommunication Supervisors.
- Leads the Quality Improvement Unit – This is a method to identify performance problems and training issues.
- Attends the MDRC (Medical Dispatch Review Committee) and FDRC (Fire Dispatch Review Committee) meetings.
- Assists the Communication Manager with duties which includes policy development and long-range strategic plans to set goals for the department. Attends various meetings with or in place of the Communications Manager.
- Perform the duties of Communications Manager when necessary.
- Attends Staff Briefs
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and maintain confidentiality
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the assigned unit.
- Skill in the application of supervisory techniques.
- Ability to support, promote, and ensure alignment with the departments/agency's goals and vision.
- Ability to effectively recruit, select, develop and retain competent staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others within and outside own organization.
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively manage and guide group efforts.
- Ability to create solutions to problems using new methods and processes.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*