Human Services Supervisor
|Date Opened||2/6/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/14/2018 12:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,505.60 - $79,164.80/year|
|Department||Health Care Services|
|Job Type||Internal Only|
Four years of social services program experience interviewing clients, assessing client's needs and eligibility, or counseling clients.
An equivalent combination of relevant education (not less than a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted above.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Manages social services programs or activities by planning, coordinating, and implementing the delivery of a social services and ensuring the quality and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Supervises the work of subordinate professional and support staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work; providing training and counseling; and evaluating performance.
- Reviews case work of all subordinates to assure adherence to departmental policies and procedures; to provide procedural advice on unusual cases; and to approve or disapprove subordinate's determinations concerning client's eligibility for health care and/or financial assistance.
- Evaluates information provided relative to applicable guidelines to approve or deny authorizations for payment to service providers.
- Performs quality control function, auditing case actions: reviewing client service program expenditures for budget compliance; reviewing program records, case records and associated documentation to ensure accuracy and procedural compliances; reviewing claim payment appeals to authorize or deny payments; reviewing questionable claims to authorize or deny payments; and evaluating urgent medical care referral requests from primary care clinics to approve or deny request.
- May design and test case management information system screens, tables and reports; as well as troubleshoot and upgrade system software and hardware.
- Conducts staff training and orientation programs.
- Develops and implements office procedures for an orderly and efficient work flow resulting in timely assistance to clients; and interprets department rules, procedures and county policies.
- May interview clients, review documents and complete forms to acquire information used to determine eligibility for a variety of social services programs; provide social services program information to clients; coordinate with clients to develop, implement and followup on holistic socioeconomic case plans that address vocational, occupational, housing, food, and health needs; provide for continuity of care, effective service and progress toward self-sufficiency; and refer clients to other internal or external service providers.
- May analyze information; counsel individuals, families and groups; perform crisis intervention; write comprehensive client social histories, social services program policies and procedures, handbooks and manuals, and case management plans, reports, studies and summaries.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the theories, techniques and methods of social services program delivery and administration; and case management procedures.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, County and community social service programs, eligibility requirements, application procedures, and other relevant program policies.
- Knowledge of quality control procedures, methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of management principles and practices.
- Skill in interviewing clients to identify deficiencies in personal, legal, social, economic, and health needs.
- Skill in counseling others in attaining self-sufficiency.
- Skill in the application of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to develop effective work procedures and standards.
- Ability to plan, organize, evaluate, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to correctly apply applicable laws, regulations and policies to individual cases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
This internal recruitment is restricted to all internal Hillsborough County staff, to include, full time, part time, classified, unclassified, probationary, temporary, and seasonal employees from all Hillsborough County Agencies.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*