|Date Opened||2/9/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,059.20 - $86,507.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related disciplines from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree or an MBA is preferred; and
Two years of experience in the development, implementation, and evaluation of business methods and procedures.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies noted below.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- Position is typically in an office environment.
- Requires an employee to be mostly sedentary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Exploit the value of departmental and county-wide information assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision making and reporting.
- Define information strategy practices, lead the creation and assure the ongoing relevance of the Department’s information strategy.
- In collaboration with the Office of the Chief Information Officer, drive the development and deployment of the Department’s data and analytics platform for digital business and electronic government.
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics in support of the Department’s business strategy - this includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making.
- Institute a programmatic approach for enterprise information management to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Launch the Department’s research and analytics provisions – highlighting and leveraging emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies.
- Identify new kinds, types and sources of data to drive innovation throughout the Department.
- Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
- Advises Department leadership at the highest levels about the status of projects and associated resource planning, and integrity and health of departmental data.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Considerable working knowledge of project management.
- Considerable working knowledge of business information generation and analysis methods.
- Considerable working knowledge of information architecture and strategy.
- Ability to display excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across business lines at senior levels to achieve common goals.
- Ability to display data literacy.
- Ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options.
- Ability to perform outstanding analytical and problem-solving tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple complex projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Business acumen and political savvy.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.