Adult Day Care Aide (Reduced Hours)
|Date Opened||2/9/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/16/2018 2:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23,108.80 - $33,508.80/year|
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- This position requires some physical effort assisting clients in moving around the living quarters and to and from the bathroom, and transferring clients from beds, chairs, and other similar locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Provides personal care services to elderly participants.
- Provides information and referral services to clients.
- Assists in serving meals and snacks.
- Assists in providing social, health, recreation, and entertainment programs.
- May transport participants and volunteers to and from designated places.
- Prepares and maintains records, reports, and charts.
- Assists in the maintenance of center facilities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of elderly care.
- Knowledge of the proper techniques for the care of sick or elderly clients.
- Knowledge of programs and services provided to the elderly.
- Skill in the application of proper techniques for the care of elderly clients.
- Ability to understand and work with the elderly.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to complete reports.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*