|Date Opened||1/24/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,822.40 - $114,899.20/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university; and
10 years of responsible management experience in financial activities (accounting, budget, etc.) and contracts, operational and capital improvement programs for government similar in size to Hillsborough County, including three years at the supervisory level.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
Certification as a Public Accountant is preferable.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- Work is performed in the office
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
- Manages the Public Works Department’s Fiscal Section in the areas of accounting (payables and receivables), budget, procurement, fixed assets, and reporting for the Public Works Department operations and the Capital Improvement Programs (CIP) and all related grants.
- Manages the Public Works Department’s Fiscal Section in financial process reviews and business analyses resulting in efficiencies and reduced costs for the delivery of services.
- Supervises and mentors staff in the performance of daily fiscal work activities.
- Reports to management on issues, recommendations/solutions, statuses of budgets for the Public Works Department's operational budget as well as all programs in the CIP.
- Researches and reports to management in response to audit inquiries.
- Directs the issuance of work orders, requisitions and receivers for professional services (i.e., engineering, surveying, consulting) and construction contracts.
- Oversees Public Works’ internal processes for P-Card usage and expense reports for reimbursement of employee expenditures.
- Manages selection, evaluation, training, assignment, development and supervision of staff.
- Rates, reviews and exercises progressive discipline.
- Coordinates, communicates and directs administration of policies, procedures and processes.
- Authorizes purchases and payments.
- Provides department support for the Emergency Support Function 3 (ESF 3) by responding to emergency events and times of crises.
- Ability to make decisions that are multi-faceted, cross-functional and highly complex.
- Ability to develop and maintain on-going relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to apply considerable tact, discretion, and persuasion in gaining cooperation of others.
- Ability to handle delicate relationships and complex situations.
- Ability to lead, guide and direct subordinate staff. Ability to develop and communicate policies and procedures.
- Ability to determine the nature of transactions as expenses or capitalizations.
- Ability to monitor and administer operational and capital budget for efficient services.
- Ability to make decisions for often complex and multifaceted problems using a high level of judgment, inter-personal relationship skills and the ability to evaluate the delivery of public services.
- Ability to plan and utilize available resources of manpower, equipment and materials to properly administer the allocated funds efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to utilize County automated systems and applications for communication, reports, budgeting, purchasing, correspondence and scheduling.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*