Child Care Specialist-PT (Substitute)
|Date Opened||2/2/2018 8:01:00 AM|
One year of experience working with youths as a counselor, recreational leader, or instructor or as a care provider to emotionally, mentally or physically disabled youths; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals
- Workers must be able to have the stamina to provide programming for adolescents.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to physically restrain youth weighing up to 107 pounds or more when required.
- Ability to detect potential dangers to youth or staff and take proactive and appropriate action, and follow established reporting procedures and protocol.
- Ability to participate in physical/outdoor activities that may require bending, stooping, and lifting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below:
- Monitors the behavior and participates with youth during all assigned program activities.
- Applies interventions based on prescribed treatment plans and provides life skills, social, emotional, and educational skill-based services training.
- Ensures a safe and healthy environment at program facilities by monitoring the status of clients and by recommending, implementing, and/or monitoring corrective actions as needed.
- Completes reports such as runaway, incident, abuse, daily charts, token points, or logs.
- Maintains all required trainings and certifications mandated by federal, state, and county governments and contracts.
- CPR/AED, First Aid, NAPPI, HIPAA, and NIMS certifications must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment.
- Performs general safety inspections of buildings and grounds, general cleaning and maintenance of buildings, and submits maintenance work orders as needed.
- Transports clients using assigned county vehicle as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).Knowledge of First Aid, CPR and Universal Precautions.
- Knowledge of the functions, services, procedures and regulations of the unit or department to which assigned.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the implementation of NAPPI crisis intervention (i.e. crisis counseling, physical restraint techniques, and environmental safety observations).
- Knowledge of available social support agencies and resources in the community.
- Knowledge of the juvenile justice and child welfare systems.
- Knowledge of the principles and terminology of child and adolescent developmental stages and intervention techniques.
- Skill in the application of consequences and positive reinforcement.
- Ability and willingness to work with youth with emotional, mental or physical disabilities.
- Ability to follow established procedures and support alignment with the department's goals and vision.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to handle confidential information in accordance with established Federal, State and local laws and ordinances.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to maintain work related records and prepare reports.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
Applicants are encouraged to use the online application -- once completed, you may re-use it "as is" for any number of additional jobs or you may customize it for additional jobs.
|Fill out the
Supplemental Questionnaire and
Application NOW using the Internet.
Clicking the link above will navigate you to the Employment Opportunities Page website for you to apply for this job.
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Ask a Question||To retrieve forgotten UserIDs and Passwords, or to ask a question, you may send us an email at CADHRJobInquiry@hillsboroughcounty.org.
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public-records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.