Real Property Specialist
|Date Opened||12/11/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/5/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,838.40 - $56,888.00/year|
|Department||Real Estate & Facilities Services|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Skilled in researching and analyzing real estate ownership and title information
- Skilled in reviewing legal descriptions, title reports, and real estate transaction documents
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to land acquisition and disposition
- Knowledge of real estate practices and procedures
- Strong experience performing technical reviews of right-of-way maps, legal descriptions, and/or surveys
- Experience in commercial and governmental real estate transactions
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in Real Estate, Business, Public Administration, Planning, Architecture, Engineering, Geography, or other related field;
One year of experience with real property title review, appraisal, acquisition, disposition, and research;
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below And Possession of a valid Driver License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
In this position there may be long periods of sitting and standing. Also, at times lifting up to 25lbs is required. Driving may be required for meetings and out of the office projects.
This is a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is essential. Requires limited travel.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to land acquisition and disposition.
- Knowledge of legal descriptions, title abstracting, and real estate transaction documents.
- Knowledge of real estate appraisal practices and procedures.
- Skill in inspecting and negotiating acquisition of real property.
- Skill in researching and abstracting real estate ownership and title information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collect, organize, and evaluate data and to develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to use a computer and job-related software.
- Negotiates and coordinates the acquisition and disposition of real property.
- Prepares, reviews, and/or interprets legal descriptions and identifies the appropriate legal instruments for conveyance.
- Coordinates and conducts closings for real property.
- Researches legal records and provides technical assistance to the public and other agencies.
- Conducts field inspections and collects data on real properties for acquisition or disposition by the County.
- Performs title abstracting, updating, and examination to determine status of real property title.
- Maintains County real property inventory.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*