Refrigerant Air Conditioning Mechanic II
|Date Opened||1/4/2018 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,744.00 - $47,216.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Will have a Universal CFC Certification
- At least 2 years of trade-related work experience.
- Will have a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
Completion of the ninth grade;
Two years of experience in the maintenance, repair and installation of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment;
Possession of a Chlorinated Fluorocarbons (CFC) Type II certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Ability to perform heavy manual labor; ability to perform a variety of physical tasks including bending, stooping, standing; ability to climb ladders and work in high places; ability to lift and carry up to 30 lbs.
May be required to work outdoors or in buildings without air conditioning; may be required to work in high places; must be able to pass a Level II background screening; must possess a valid FL Driver's License, must possess Universal CFC certification at time of hire.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilation equipment operating principles.
- Working knowledge of the electrical aspects of refrigeration and air conditioning units.
- Skill in working with tools.
- Ability to diagnose HVAC equipment using laptop and hand held devices.
- Ability to diagnose and repair boiler equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical diagrams.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Installs, maintains and repairs all types of refrigeration, air conditioning and ventilating equipment, such as, central, wall and window air conditioning units; exhaust fans and blowers; walkin and chesttype freezers; ice machines and water coolers.
- Troubleshoots mechanical problems and takes appropriate action.
- Schedules preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Prepares drawings and sketches as required.Requisitions and maintains a supply of replacement parts.
- Operates refrigeration gauge, volt/ohm meter, vacuum pump, recovery systems, welding equipment and other related tools and equipment.
- May lead and instruct lower level workers.
Performs other related duties as required. This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*