Customer Service Analyst (Service Availability)
|Date Opened||12/6/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,512.00 - $50,044.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Resolves escalated, advanced, or complex customer service matters in call centers, offices and intake areas. Applies heightened judgment and decision-making to elicit and provide advanced information, and to authorize special services and account adjustments. Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills to efficiently, effectively, and courteously resolve customer requests, complaints, and needs of escalated, advanced or complex natures. Assists in supervision of daily call center activities and special projects, to include training personnel as well as developing and implementing new procedures and guidelines.
High School Diploma or GED (required); and three years as a customer service representative in a call center.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Sitting, reaching, typing, standing, walking
Standard office environment. Call Center/Customer Walking Center
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Knowledge of automated billing systems
skill in compiling, organizing, analyzing data from a variety of sources to solve issues
Skill in using computer software for spreadsheet and presentation purposes
Ability to develop to perform data analysis calculations using spreadsheet
Ability to manage program multiple activities and deadlines to ensure State and local compliance
Ability to ability to communicate clearly and concisely orally and in writing
Ability to monitor, review, and evaluate assigned staff work for accuracy and completion
Ability to be adaptive and thrive in a fast paced work environment
Ability to track and analyze key performance indicators /measures
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Uses office equipment and software to research, investigate, and document advanced or complex customer service matters, and to authorize special services and account adjustments.
- Resolves issues that require in-depth investigations and diplomacy to prevent or stop escalation.
- May supervise the work of other staff.
- Assists supervisor and/or manager in the supervision of customer service representatives, daily customer service activities, and special projects
- Monitor and report to supervisor/manager any issues with team procedures, work balance, equipment, systems or software that could impact operations, delivery of services, or customer service quality.
- Refines or develops new procedures or guidelines.
- Assists in coaching, training, and motivating other representatives on customer service best practices, quality standards, scripts, and procedures.
- Assists supervisor/manager with performance management by providing input on performance ratings, and identifying achievements and opportunities for improvement.
- Operates systems and software to review data and schedules.
- Adjusts assignments based on business needs to ensure effective operations and appropriate distribution of work.
- Follows up with customers, operations teams, and management to give updates, provide notification or guidance, and request information or feedback.
- Coordinates with other departments, organization, or service providers to verify information and to obtain or share documentation.
- Provides customer service support or related duties when required by the Office of Emergency Management.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*