Wellness Assistant - LPN
|Date Opened||12/4/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/18/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$14.00 - $21.25/hour|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
Assists at either the County's Wellness Center or at one of the senior centers coordinating or conducting a variety of health/wellness programs and events. Ensures quality control and provides services to participants using fitness equipment while providing excellent customer service.
- Graduation from High School or possession of a GED certificate; and
- Possession of a valid State of Florida Practical Nurse License; and
- At least one year of experience with recreational, social, health, aging services, or wellness programs; and
- Current CPR/Basic Life Support, AED, and First Aid Certification; and
- Possession of a valid Driver’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Capable of moving quickly and intermittent throughout the day including activities of walking, standing, and sitting.
- May need to periodically assist with movement of participants or supplies exerting up to 45 lbs.
- Will need to talk, hear, see, read and move arms and hands, use of the phone and computer.
- Operate standard equipment for LPN medical role and office requirements and food service.
- Adult Day Care Center in a office or activity room with participants and other staff.
- Need to be able to work in an area with noise in the background.
- Need to cope with multiple people and some potential stressful encounters throughout the day.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of nursing theory, techniques and practices.
- Working knowledge of medications, drugs, and narcotics and their effects.
- Knowledge of State of Florida licensure requirements.
- Skill in performing emergency cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- Skill in the use of medical equipment.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
- Ability to follow established procedures.
- Ability to collect, organize and evaluate data and develop logical conclusions.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to work 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Assists with participants medical care under RN supervision.
- Reviews and monitors medical chart updates for treatment progress, diverse reactions and side effects.
- Administers medications as directed by physicians.
- Records participants medical information such as body temperature, blood pressure, pulse, weight, medication, food and fluid intake and reports adverse reactions to supervisor.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies using germicides and sterilizers.
- Cleans and dresses wounds. Assists patients in transferring from and to wheelchairs, walkers and canes. Applies compresses and ice bags.
- Assists in patient's admissions and discharge planning.
- Assists with the coordination and facilitation of wellness presentations and support groups.
- Works as part of the interdisciplinary team to assist with care plans as appropriate.
- Assist patients in feeding and hygiene.
- Provides nursing assessments within their scope of practice.
- May be required to oversee operation of the facility, staff and participants.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*