|Date Opened||12/5/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,238.40 - $73,424.00/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Extensive experience with the delivery of front-line customer service to a diverse customer base.
- Strong computer software and technical skills, including experience with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to diverse audiences, including library staff and members of the public.
- Ability to deal effectively with the general public.
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate, and implement outreach programs and events that bring county-wide awareness of the library’s collection and services for diverse community groups.
- Ability to present workshops and classes for library staff and customers.
- Ability to work with advisory and community groups.
- Strong management skills; experience supervising staff.
- Experience effectively managing library daily operational issues.
Three years of post-MLS experience as a librarian; one year of which must have been as Senior Librarian, or equivalent; and
Possession of a valid Driver License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Requires bending, prolonged standing, walking, and lifting up to 20 pounds on a daily basis
Work is typically performed in a climate controlled library, but sometimes requires outdoor activities in parks, recreation centers, or other locations due to the nature of the programs being conducted.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques and procedures of professional library work.
- Extensive knowledge of books, periodicals, and other source materials in one or more subjects.
- Considerable knowledge of reference materials.
- Skill in the use of automated online catalog systems.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to explain and assist patrons in the use of library materials.
- Ability to use library classification, catalogue, filing and record keeping systems.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lift, push, or handle library materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend and kneel.
- Ability to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time.
- Manages the operations of a library agency or function.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Plans, develops, implements, and reviews overall agency operations.
- Provides reference and reader's advisory services.
- Plans, implements, and participates in agency collection development and collection management, and the acquisition and cataloging of library materials.
- Plans, develops and implements community relations activities, programming, and community outreach.
- Acts as custodian of all agency monies and inventory.
- Performs other related duties as required.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*