|Date Opened||10/5/2017 12:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,512.00 - $50,044.80/year|
|Job Type||Open Recruitment|
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associate Degree
- At least two (2) years of experience working with clients in community services, social services, aging or health related programs.
- Experience planning and organizing programs for older adults and/or intergenerational activities
- Proficient computer skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate; and
Two years of experience working with clients in community services, social services, aging or health related programs; and
Possession of a valid Driver License
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Position requires ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds, bend/crouch, push/pull, squat/kneel, reach, data entry, walk, sit, stand, and file. Transport of small equipment and office supplies will be necessary at times. May occasionally assist seniors with ambulation and mobility.
Position will primarily work in an assigned senior dining center in a small, open space environment. Significant time will be spent interacting with seniors, planning and implementing programming, completing daily program compliance reporting data, senior meal service and client intakes. Travel will be required for marketing, training, and special events and meetings.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Considerable knowledge of office policies, practices and procedures for area of assignment.
- Working knowledge of theory, terminology, techniques and practices of gerontology and dealing with elderly clients.
- Working knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the Older Americans Act Programs.
- Skill in the application of interviewing techniques.
- Ability to work effectively with others. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with clients and others in stressful situations.
- Ability to use a computer and related software.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Plans, organizes, directs and participates in all activities at a senior citizens center to ensure quality service delivery.
- Complies with health and safety standards to maintain a suitable environment.
- Contacts senior citizens to provide information on available social programs such as social security and food stamps and refers to appropriate agency, if needed.
- Processes application forms and interviews prospective participants to determine qualifications and identify needs.
- Maintains records and prepares reports using a computer, to keep management informed on center participants and activities.
- Oversees the work of subordinates, volunteers and food services at the center to ensure adequate quality services are provided.
- Inspects facility to ensure proper maintenance and security.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from three health care plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to 12 paid holidays per year.
Visit our Employee Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees may be required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to a major emergency or natural disasters affecting County operations. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees may be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities. *MON*