The mission statement of the Delaware State Police is to enhance the quality of life for all Delaware citizens and visitors by providing professional, competent and compassionate law enforcement services. The Delaware State Police is a progressive agency that is rich in tradition.
DELAWARE STATE POLICE 2024 CADET RECRUITMENT DRIVE
The Delaware State Police is currently accepting applications for the position of Cadet. Applicants are asked to refer to our website, www.becomeatrooper.com
to access the link for the Cadet application via the JobAps link.
The current hourly salary for the position of Cadet is $18.00 per hour.
Cadets are classified as Casual Seasonal employees and are not entitled to any benefits and are only paid for the days that are worked.
Nature and Scope
The primary function of the Cadet program under enabling legislation of House Bill 478 is:
- Enforcement of Handicapped Parking under Title 21, Chapter 41, Section 4183
- Enforcement of Fire Lane Parking under Title 21, Chapter 70, Section 7004
- Assisting with targeted enforcement efforts (i.e., Red Light Enforcement)
- Assisting with traffic control as Division-sponsored events (i.e., Delaware State Police graduations, promotional circumstances, etc.)
- Assignment of various administrative tasks at troop/section level
- Age - Must be between the ages of 18 and 21 to apply
- Residency - Must be a citizen of the United States and a Delaware resident
- Education - Must be enrolled in a Delaware accredited university or college, in an undergraduate program (full-time or part-time)
- Driver's license - Must possess a valid driver's license
Once hired, Cadets will receive forty (40) hours of training at the Delaware State Police Training Academy prior to being assigned to a Troop.
To perform the job of Cadet successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties satisfactorily. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Delaware State Police will provide reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Lieutenant Daniel DeFlaviis, Assistant Director of Human Resources at 302.672.5481 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call 302.739.5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number (800) 232-5460 for assistance.
Recruiting Events & Dates
Please refer to the calendar on our website www.becomeatrooper.com for upcoming events that our recruiters will be available to answer any questions you may have.
Contact a Recruiter
Sergeant Jayson Jeffers
Cpl/3 Adam Jewell
Cpl/3 Kristin Carroll
Applicants in a Current Hiring Process
Cadet applicants that have any questions regarding any portion of the hiring process, are asked to call
Mrs. Cindi Konnick
Human Resources Associate
Delaware State Police Recruiting Office
Like and follow us on our Social Media accounts for the most up to date information
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/dsprecruiting
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dsp_recruiting/
Other agencies looking for information on applicants are asked to send their Release of Authorization forms to
The Delaware State Police Cadet Hiring Process includes the following;
- Application Review
- Physical Fitness Test
- Completion & Review of the Pass 2 (CQ - Confidential Questionnaire)
- Oral Board Interview
- Polygraph Examination
- Background Investigation
- Executive Staff Review for Conditional Offer Selections
- Medical Testing & Medical Background
- Final Offer of Hire
The following documents can be found on our website www.becomeatrooper.com
***The Delaware State Police is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer***