**This is a limited term position of one year**
Nature and Scope
This position will function as the enforcement officer of the Electronic Speed Safety Program run by DELDOT for speed enforcement through work zones in the Wilmington Viaduct Rehabilitation area where the Delaware State Police has primary jurisdiction within the State of Delaware.
- Review a high volume of digital images to identify and process violations.
- Answer inquiries over the telephone and in person concerning the program.
- Review violations with citizens as requested.
- Represent the Delaware State Police in the appropriate court or venue.
- Interact with court personnel, government agencies, law enforcement agencies, and vendors providing equipment and services for the electronic speed safety program.
- Analyze data and prepare written and oral reports pertaining to the electronic speed safety program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Delaware Traffic Laws and Citations
- Experience in court preparation and testimony
- Experience in operating computer systems, to include but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Complete training and maintain certification with NCIC and DELJIS
- Experience in serving as liaison between internal and outside agencies
- Ability to coordinate several tasks at a time
- Ability to travel throughout the State
- Associates degree with a minimum of sixty (60) semester credits
- Ten (10) years of law enforcement experience
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Submit to a complete, comprehensive background investigation
Conditions of Employment
Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
As a condition of employment, all employees must certify that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated by September 30, 2021; or be required to test for COVID-19 on a weekly basis starting on September 30, 2021; or request an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination(s) due to health or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices by September 30, 2021. If hired after September 23, 2021, these certifications or requests must be completed during their initial week of employment. This will be in effect until further notice. More information can be found https://dhr.delaware.gov/policies/index.shtml
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
Please note this is a casual/seasonal position; therefore, there are no other benefits
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.