PG 5, $28,418
This is a career ladder position tp PG 6
Nature and Scope
This class is the full performance level clerical position assigned to the State Bureau of Identification responsible for coding, inputting and processing sensitive and confidential criminal reports and criminal history reports and criminal history requests.
- Writes receipts and handles revenue when a fee is involved for the requests being processed. Covers receptionist area responsible for walk-in customers.
- Processes applicants for verification purposes, i.e. fingerprint, photograph and process appropriate paperwork. computerized criminal justice files.
- Collects, assembles, and performs quality assurance review or entry on criminal reports, final dispositions and name index information into Delaware’s
- Performs criminal history background investigations/expungements for various agencies and individuals. Determines what information is required for specific requests according to dissemination laws. Uses the computerized and manual files to retrieve the information.
- Visually scans documents, classifies and codes appropriately for data entry.
- Files source documents for future referral and retrieval and retrieves source documents for various purposes.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures involving filing and record keeping.
- Ability to use a variety of office equipment, including personal computers, copier, fax machine etc.
- Ability to learn and abide by the legal and other regulatory provisions governing the sensitive and confidential nature of the work.
- Ability to learn proper coding applicable to criminal history, criminal arrest reports and complaint reports.
- Ability to learn Delaware Criminal Code and federal laws dealing with criminal history records.
- Ability to deal tactfully with government, public agencies and individuals.
High school graduate with training in data entry and typing and six months experience in a data entry office environment.
Conditions of Employment
Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate/applicant selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or, may decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please click here
or on the Benefits link above.
*The State of Delaware - An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer*