PG 14, $47,569
Career Ladder to pg 16
Nature and Scope
This class is responsible for assisting in systems analysis and design and for writing, testing, debugging and documentation of computer programs. Supervision is provided by a technical superior. Duties include assisting in systems analysis, designing computer program logic, writing new and modifying existing programs, preparing test data, testing, debugging programs, preparing time and cost estimates and writing the required documentation. Work at this level places more emphasis on computer programming than on systems analysis. Principle contracts are with users in order to develop programs which fulfill their information system requirements and with computer operations when testing programs.
- Assists higher level Application Support Specialist in system analysis and design.
- Designs computer program logic and prepares flow charts or other methods of illustrating logical sequence.
- Writes new programs and modifies existing programs, reviews program code for accuracy and completeness.
- Develops test data, tests and debugs computer programs.
- Prepares time and cost estimates for completion of work assignments.
- Trains end users on the functionality of newly developed software.
- Troubleshoots issues concerning various software applications. These applications may be 3rd party or developed in-house.
- Assess 3rd party software for use when an in-house solution is not warranted • Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform requirements gathering and develop use cases for potential projects.
- Design, code, and implement custom software and database solutions.
- Test, debug, and document software • Analyze existing code bases and identify issues or improvements to be made.
- Model data and workflows to ensure projects are architected correctly.
- Administer Web and Database servers.
- Stay current on new technologies that may be beneficial to our development processes.
- Troubleshoot basic network and desktop issues.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Think creatively to meet business challenges.
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal).
- Adapt to an environment where policies and procedures continually evolve.
- Technical experience should include the development of Client Server applications with specific experience in the full lifecycle development of .NET applications.
- Experience developing applications using the Microsoft .NET framework with VB.NET or C#.
- Strong skills in using SQL Server 2008 and higher.
- Associate’s Degree or higher in an I/T discipline strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Conditions of Employment
Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
This position is a classification organized under an exclusive bargaining representative (labor organization). The candidate/applicant selected for this position shall be asked to join and pay dues to the labor organization or, may decline joining the labor organization and not pay dues or a fee. The labor organization has been elected by employees as their representative for collective bargaining and other work related purposes.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please click here
or on the Benefits link above.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.