- hourly / - monthly / - annual
1. Plans, assigns and oversees the work of subordinate Telecommunications Specialists and other personnel on an assigned shift.
2. Trains and develops new employees directly or through subordinates. Responsible to monitor the overall training occurring on their shift, ensuring appropriate documentation is completed timely.
3. Prepares a variety of logs, records, reports and summaries to include both manual and computer generated.
4. Ensures that all calls to the PSAP are properly routed to the appropriate responsible agency or department for action.
5. Has access to sensitive criminal history information which must be kept in the strictest confidence.
6. Monitors all equipment in the center to ensure that it is operating properly. Employs preventative maintenance techniques to ensure equipment remains on-line and operations continue without interruption.
7. May be required to operate the center equipment to relieve a subordinate or cover the equipment during the operations absence.
8. Assesses and resolves a variety of personnel problems to include those related to scheduling, disciplinary matters and others necessary to ensure adequate shift coverage and efficient operation of the center.
9. At Kentcom and Suscom monitor EMD training / credit hours making sure that shift personnel are in compliance.
10. Monitors accrual records for sick, vacation and accumulated time for personnel assigned to shift.
11. Provides a performance plan annually for their subordinates.
12. Provides a performance review at least annually on subordinates and ensures newly hired personnel receive performance reviews in accordance with the Communications Section Training Program.
13. Monitors UA’s & UT’s
14. Assures that all employees are in compliance with the CWA contract.
15. Assures that all employees are in compliance with the Divisional S.O.P and policies.
16. Holds quarterly shift meetings with their personnel to proactively head off personnel and operational problems.
17. Performs monthly QA and gives guidance and direction when needed.
18. Assures that all overtime slips and activity sheets are completed properly.
19. Attends Supervisor Summits held twice yearly by DSP Administration.
20. Assists the PSAP Manager with the Managers duties in the absences of the Manager.
21. Assists with public education such as 911 tours, open house and policy change.
22. Addresses and correct any operational issues between personnel and officers via the proper chain of command.
23. Recommends employees for recognition through Divisional Awards, APCO, NENA, DENA and DSPSTAT.
24. Attends meetings pertaining to special projects.
25. Performs other related work as required.
Two years' experience as a Senior Telecommunication Specialist and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience which has provided the knowledge, skills and abilities cited above.
A request for transfer form #490 must be submitted by close of business on March 7, 2018.