- hourly / - monthly / - annual
1. Certifies intoxilyzer instruments used to determine blood alcohol content.
2. Maintains and performs minor repair of intoxilyzers and other lab instruments to ensure proper working condition and maintains accurate records of such.
3. Performs qualitative and quantitative analyses for the purposes of determining blood and breath alcohol content.
4. Testifies in court as an expert in the field of blood and breath alcohol.
5. Instructs and certifies police officers as operators of breath alcohol equipment. Instructs on related topics as required.
6. Speaks to interested groups about the alcohol testing program and related subjects.
7. Operates gas chromatograph and equipment utilizing infrared photo spectrometer. Operates other laboratory equipment as required.
8. Performs related work as required.
· Knowledge of the hazards of laboratory activities and of safety practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of the care and routine maintenance of standard laboratory equipment.
· Skill in the principles, practices and application of analytical chemistry.
· Skill in conducting and interpreting chemical tests and analyses.
· Ability to use and properly care for laboratory equipment.
· Ability to perform varied laboratory tests and to interpret the results.
· Experience with computer skills including Microsoft Office (proficiency in spreadsheet and databases beneficial).
· Skill with interpersonal, written and oral communication.
· Time management skills required.
· Ability to travel within the State to all three counties.
· Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. as needed.
APPLICATIONS: For complete job description and to apply online, visit our website at https://www.jobaps.com/DSP/
*The State of Delaware - An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer*