- hourly / - monthly / - annual
· Knowledge of principles and practices of supervision.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of project leadership.
· Skills in providing technical support in the installation of, upgrades to, and troubleshooting for midrange or most complex data network telecommunications infrastructure.
· Knowledge of the methods and techniques for installing, testing, configuring, troubleshooting and repairing data/voice/video/imaging communication systems and associated wiring, network dependent devices and network infrastructure components.
· Knowledge of the methods and techniques for performing diagnostics and problem resolution associated with computer based systems and local area networks or wide area networks.
· Knowledge of the methods and techniques of voice/video/imaging systems administration and data network administration.
· Ability to communicate effectively.
· Ability to use sound judgment and reach logical conclusions.
· Ability to identify and analyze problems/needs/issues, assess their impact and make recommendations.
· Ability to provide guidance and direction to a variety of people pertaining to applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Three years experience in administering computer data networks which includes troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware and software problems.
2. Three years experience in installing, testing, and configuring computer data networks including associated wiring, network dependent devices and infrastructure components.
3. Knowledge of information technology project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on status of IT projects.
4. Knowledge of computer data network design or redesign.
5. Knowledge of staff supervision acquired through course work, academic training, training provided through an employer, or performing as a lead worker overseeing the work of others; OR supervising staff which may include planning, assigning, reviewing, and evaluating the work of others; OR supervising through subordinate supervisors a group of professional, technical, and clerical employees.
Benefits: To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the State Personnel web-site at http://statejobs.delaware.gov/benefits/index.shtml