- hourly / - monthly / $58,921.00- annual
Application Support Project Leader Non-Merit Position (This position is exempt from the State of Delaware Merit System)
This class is responsible for the management of information systems projects to include supervising the daily operations of a unit of application support personnel involved in the system analysis, design, and programming of new or existing applications.
This class functions independently under the direction of an administrative/technical superior and is responsible for supervising, coordinating, scheduling, and reviewing the work of applications support personnel engaged in various levels of system analysis and programming support for multiple user agencies applications. A significant portion of this work is to assist user agencies with development of short and long range information system needs, translating these needs into viable systems, and the integration of needs into current system. In addition, an incumbent is responsible for review of all job estimates and cost/benefit analysis for every application project. An incumbent in this class informs and assists management in the identification and recommendation of resources and technological advances in the field and associated staff training requirements.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
The intent of the listed knowledge, skills and abilities is to give a general indication of the core requirements for all positions in the class series; therefore, the KSA’s listed are not exhaustive or necessarily inclusive of the requirements of every position in the class.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required.
2. Three years’ experience in database management systems which includes database design, testing, and implementation.
3. Three years’ experience in information systems analysis and design.
4. Experience in information technology project management which includes planning, scheduling, staffing, coordinating, controlling, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on status of IT projects.
5. Knowledge of staff supervision of two or more employees which includes to plan, assign, review, discipline, recommend hire, promotion, termination and administer performance plans and reviews.
7. 5+ years of experience in .NET/C# programming
8. Experience with ASP.NET MVC
9. Strong experience with SQL
10. Strong knowledge of tools, coding languages, and testing practices
11. Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
12. Experience as a team leader on project teams in a cross-functional environment
13. Familiarity with line-of-business systems
14. Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
15. C# Programming experience required.
Direct deposit of paychecks is required as a condition of employment.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458.
TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
Benefits: To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit the State Personnel web-site at
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.