- hourly / - monthly / - annual
1. Assigns, reviews and evaluates the work of lower level fingerprint technicians and experts.
2. Manages AFIS and compiles statistical reports of its computer operations.
3. Develops and lifts latent impressions from physical evidence using powders or chemicals, lasers, tape or camera. Examines crime scene evidence for detection of latent fingerprints and performs manual comparison of latent prints to known prints of suspects.
4. Testifies as expert witness in Delaware or Federal courts, as to the findings of latent fingerprint evidence examinations.
5. Enters first time arrest cards into AFIS workstation for examination and retention into Delaware database.
6. Verifies AFIS examination of first time arrest cards after search through Delaware database.
7. Manual comparison of second or more arrest fingerprints to verify positive identification.
8. Compose correspondence to police agencies regarding fingerprint or latent matches.
9. Enters latent fingerprint evidence into AFIS workstation for computer generated suspect candidate list.
10. Instructs police officers in proper methods of fingerprinting, latent fingerprint development procedures and AFIS operations.
11. Trains new employees in the identification operations and procedures. Ensures current employees receive additional trainings or certifications as needed.
12. Fingerprints persons for criminal history checks as needed.
13. Verifies facial recognition leads.
14. Records and reports on facial recognition investigative leads and video analytics.
15. Manages all licenses for Morpho Face Detective, Morpho Video Investigate and Morpho Face Expert.
16. Audits Face, Palm and Fingerprint databases.
17. Supervise subordinate personnel which includes, reviewing and monitoring their daily duties performed, monitoring monthly leave balances, career development, etc.
18. Maintain all skills, requirements, certifications needed to perform duties.
19. Maintain secure evidence files.
20. Performs additional duties as required and assigned.