|Opening Date||8/2/2023 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||1/4/2024 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Casual/Seasonal|
|Shift Hours||Weekend/Evenings/Holidays Required|
|Agency||DNREC/Parks and Recreation- KPSP|
Killens Pond State Park:
(5025 Killens Pond Rd, Felton, DE, 19943)
|Contact Name||DNREC Applicant Services|
The centerpiece of Killens Pond State Park, conveniently located in central Delaware, is the 66-acre millpond, which was established in the late 1700s. Before the pond was created, the Murderkill River and surrounding hardwood forest were sites of several Native American homes and hunting camps. Killens Pond became a state park in 1965.
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
· Cleaning of the bathhouse at the campground May assist with maintenance and rental equipment.
· Performs grounds maintenance tasks such as mowing, trimming, trail maintenance, landscape bed maintenance, trash removal, vegetation removal, leaf removal and snow/ice removal.
· Performs custodial services in restrooms, offices, and other buildings.
· Pavilion/Picnic area clean up, remove all trash and recycling from the pavilions, clean out the BBQ grills, remove any left-over items off the tables and out of the pavilion/picnic area. Use a leaf blower to blow off the concrete area under the pavilion. Wipe the tables off as needed.
· Operation of landscaping equipment and use of hand and power tools.
· Set-up, monitoring and clean-up support for park programs and special events.
· Provide excellent customer service and park information to visitors.
· Must be able to demonstrate responsibility, dependability, and good communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently.
Please attach a
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas: with your online application or use the tab in DEL to provide a detailed description of how your education, training and/or experience meets each job requirement including employer, experience/responsibilities and dates (month/year) of employment/training.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Experience using landscaping equipment and hand or power tools.
3. Possession of a valid driver’s license (not suspended, revoked or cancelled, or disqualified from driving).
This is a Casual/Seasonal position which is a non-pension eligible position without healthcare and/or other benefits.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DNREC does not provide sponsorship for holders of H-1 B Visas.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
The application and are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at .
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|Contact us via conventional means.||For further assistance, you may contact us by phone at (302) 739-5458, or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.|