|Opening Date||7/18/2023 12:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||12/22/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Type of Recruitment||Casual/Seasonal|
|Shift Hours||Weekend/Evenings/Holidays Required|
|Agency||DNREC/Division of Parks and Recreation-BCSP|
Brandywine Creek State Park:
(41 Adams Dam Road, Wilmington, DE, 19803)
|Contact Name||DNREC Applicant Services|
Essential functions are fundamental, core functions common to all positions in the class series and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties for any one position in the class. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, incumbents can complete job duties of similar kind not specifically listed here.
· Develops and facilitates educational programs for schools and special events.
· Leads school environmental education programs tied to state standards to increase student understanding of Delaware’s natural and cultural resources.
· Delivers interpretive programs to participants of all ages in a variety of contexts.
· Helps coordinate and implement hayride programs at Brandywine Creek State Park.
· Provides general customer service and park information to visitors.
· Distributes interpretive publications.
· Leads educational and recreational hikes, canoe and kayak trips plus programs for park visitors.
· Must be able to hike, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
· Includes live animal care and handling.
· Must be able to demonstrate responsibility, dependability, and good communication skills.
· Maintain a positive attitude.
· Other duties as assigned.
This is a Casual/Seasonal position which is a non-pension eligible position without healthcare and/or other benefits.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. DNREC does not provide sponsorship for holders of H-1 B Visas.
Criminal background check: A satisfactory criminal background check is required as a condition of hire. The recruiting agency may require the applicant to pay for the criminal background check as part of the conditional offer of hire.
As a condition of hire applicants for this position must successfully pass a Swim assessment.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware Executive Branch participates in the Federal E-Verify system where the State will provide the federal government with each new hires Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our
The application and are evaluated based upon a rating of your education, training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and resume to include dates of employment, job title and job duties. For education and training, list name of educational provider, training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment, education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line, all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at .
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance. The State of Delaware – An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Upload Resume to Start an Application|
|Contact us via conventional means.||For further assistance, you may contact us by phone at (302) 739-5458, or e-mail at email@example.com.|